Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-30-2012, 08:03 AM   #1
avresbo
Enthusiast
avresbo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD / Kobo Libra H2O
Problems installing Sigil 0.6.0.

When trying to install Sigil 0.6.0 x64 (w7 a x64 machine) I riceive this message "unable to execute file in the temporary directory. Setup aborted."

Error 5. Acces dinided

It never happend to me before
avresbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:31 AM   #2
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
I have a machine with software just like yours. If you allow it to install to the default location, it should go just fine. Are you installing the Windows 64 bit edition of Sigil?

There were some temporary problems with the 32 bit version which have been corrected.
If you are trying to install the 32 bit edition, maybe this is what the problem is.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:45 AM   #3
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
My guesses at the causes would be from any of (a) a corrupted download, (b) running an installer off a network drive, (c) disk space issues where your temp directory is located, or (d) some overzealous antivirus software stomping on the installation process.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:56 AM   #4
avresbo
Enthusiast

I´ve downloaded the archive several times. I´m using the main disk (c) and there is enough room. I´ve also tried disabling antivirus and firewall.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:01 AM   #5
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

How about whether you are run the installer as an administrator or not?
Old 10-30-2012, 10:19 AM   #6
J.C. Hendee
Author
J.C. Hendee began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7+
The latest official release crashes on launch. Anyone else out there having problems like this on OSX 10.6.8? Are there mode settings... or perhaps clean up of a previous version install... that others can recommend?
J.C. Hendee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:47 AM   #7
kiwidude

@JC Hendee - installing on a Mac is a completely different issue from this issue above. If you look at the official Sigil 0.6 release thread you will see that pdurrant has produced an unofficial build which supports OSX 10.6.

The official Mac build only supports OSX 10.7+.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:37 AM   #8
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
How about running your install after you restart in safe mode?
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:51 AM   #9
J.C. Hendee
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
How about running your install after you restart in safe mode?
Tried... no change. Also tried pulling out every mem-res app running that I could, pulled out AV even. No change. I'm baffled.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:53 AM   #10
J.C. Hendee
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@JC Hendee - installing on a Mac is a completely different issue from this issue above. If you look at the official Sigil 0.6 release thread you will see that pdurrant has produced an unofficial build which supports OSX 10.6.

The official Mac build only supports OSX 10.7+.
Just backtracked and spotted this post. Thanks for the clue!
Old 10-30-2012, 02:23 PM   #11
avresbo
Enthusiast

It works starting in safe mode. Thank you mrmikel