Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-08-2012, 02:38 PM   #271
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Quote:
Originally Posted by vice-versa View Post
The same for me... I highlighted, even took notes, but I can't get this one I'll try more notes or highlights, perhaps you need ten or more...
Touch? iOS?
On iOS, you would need to make just one note or highlight to get the associated award.
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:21 PM   #272
christina1700
christina1700 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkus View Post
Touch? iOS?
On iOS, you would need to make just one note or highlight to get the associated award.
I have the touch version and I thought I just had to do one highlight...but if you need more than one it would have a percent complete and its at 0% as well.

Any Suggestions?
christina1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2012, 01:05 AM   #273
mags75
mags75 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina1700 View Post
I have highlighted a couple of passages and I have yet to get my inverted comma award. Am I doing something wrong?
if i remember rightly (and i got mine a few months ago)so am not 100% sure) that i was trying to highlight the book i was reading (epub book that i had downloaded and copied onto my KT) and it didn't work. however when i highlighted a passage on a book i had got from the kobo application (a free book) i got it straight away. hope this helps
mags75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:57 AM   #274
TurtleTots
TurtleTots began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfire View Post
1). Magic kobo reader is on ipad. Go to your library and in the lower right side you will see a wrench. Click on it then shake your ipad and turn it upside down. That should give you the magic kobo reader. It's similar to a magic eight ball.
I have done this Multiple times and nothing happens

Quote:
As I'm in a very good mood, I'll be a little more forthcoming that usual

Game's Afoot = Purchase 5 mystery eBooks from publisher Soho Press

Sun, Sea, Sand, Kobo = purchase 1 book from the following publisher: Avalon, Fodor's, Healthy Travel Media, Blaze Travel Guides, Rough Guides, Rough Guides US, Lonely Planet Publications.

Spirit of Portland = Unlocked by purchasing 5 pop culture books from these publishers: Quirk, BenBella, Open Court

Time Lord = by purchasing 5 sci fi ebooks from publishers: Wizards of the Coast, Orbit, Tor (As for related to Doctor Who or Time, I don't think they are, I think it was more of looking for an easily identifiable SciFi icon and what better than a Tardis)

Magic Kobo eReader = Sorry, I'm going to be rather horrible and not reveal how to get that one. It is iOS only, and fairly well hidden.

Sneaky Reads = purchased 10 harlequin books

Sookie ones = You get one for having 1 Sookie book in your Library. You also get awards for finishing (complete and close the book) 2, 5 and 10 Sookie books

Pretty Little Liars = You get one if you have Twisted in your Library. You also get awards for finishing (complete and close the book) 3, 6, and 9 of the PLL books.

Aaaaannnddddd rest...
I think I've given out enough hints for today, hope they help (and hope no-one minds)
I have to say you must be in a wonderful mood!!
So very helpful!!
For the sookie and PLL ones, can they be side loaded or do they have to be bought from kobo? Thanks!!
TurtleTots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:22 AM   #275
PiersS
Enthusiast
PiersS began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Fantastic information, thank you Sharkus!! Even tho I will probably never get those awards (either due to platform or shootmenow if I ever buy a PrettyLittleLiars book), just having the info eases my mind

As for any backlash about revealing spoilers, the title of this thread clearly states they may be in here, and it really does take a specific search to find this info here, so anybody that DOESN'T want to know this information won't stumble upon it by accident

Thanks again!
PiersS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2012, 10:28 AM   #276
christina1700
christina1700 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
Thanks I will definitely try that. Most of my books I didn't get through kobo so that could explain it.

I will let you know what happens.
christina1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #277
foxfire
Enthusiast
foxfire began at the beginning.

Device: none
I would like to subscribe to some magazines on kobo but the list seems very limited. Am I ,issing something? Will there be more magazines offered in the near future? For now, my best bet to get the mags I want are with my ipad newsstand.
foxfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:56 PM   #278
foxfire
Enthusiast
foxfire began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Thanks for the information. I'll try those books and see if it causes problems with the app, and if so, we'll investigate as to why and attempt to resolve the issue for a future update.
No more problems....so far. If this keeps up I will be able to hold my breath and say tjat!
foxfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:44 PM   #279
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTots View Post
I have done this Multiple times and nothing happens

There is another step involved before the shake, which does have something to do with something that is on that little menu. More than that I'll not say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTots View Post
I have to say you must be in a wonderful mood!!
So very helpful!!
For the sookie and PLL ones, can they be side loaded or do they have to be bought from kobo? Thanks!!
Purchased from Kobo and in your Kobo library. You could try just adding previews to the library and see if you get any of the awards, but from what I recall you need to fully finish the book (tap the 'close this book' button at the end of the book) and you cannot do that with a preview.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #280
Sharkus
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiersS View Post
Fantastic information, thank you Sharkus!! Even tho I will probably never get those awards (either due to platform or shootmenow if I ever buy a PrettyLittleLiars book), just having the info eases my mind

As for any backlash about revealing spoilers, the title of this thread clearly states they may be in here, and it really does take a specific search to find this info here, so anybody that DOESN'T want to know this information won't stumble upon it by accident

Thanks again!
The backlash isn't towards anyone on the forum seeing the spoilers, it relates to the fact I currently work for Kobo, and it might be frowned upon if I were to post up how to get all the awards as it would spoil the game aspect of things.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:48 PM   #281
sarasa1
Enthusiast
sarasa1 began at the beginning.

Device: KT and iPhone
Thank you Sharkus! Your information was very helpful (and for me, has certainly upped the fun, and broadened my reading scope!)

Was wondering if you have any idea what's wrong with my classic attack award.. i've tried downloading and reading the five mentioned books over and over, and it's stuck at 80% and i've no idea how to get it to finish! i know there's someone else on the forum with the same issue.. it would be wonderful to get the award, finally! If you've any ideas, i'd be really grateful!

Many thanks! And Happy Reading!
sarasa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:21 PM   #282
sarasa1
Enthusiast

one more question. In terms of books that i've bought from the kobo bookstore, i prefer not to have them in my library on my iphone app or my KT. But before i start deleting them off my devices, i wanted to ask.. where are they saved? i obviously don't want to pay for them again, but i was wondering if they're saved somewhere on my computer, so that i can get them back whenever i want...... the trend i've spotted with the free books i downloaded was that when i removed them from my device and synced my desktop app, they disappeared from my desktop library shelves too, and so i've gone and redownloaded them.. fine for free books, but i don't want to lose books i've paid for.. i just want them stored somewhere that isn't a device, so i can add and remove them at will!

Any ideas anyone?
Old 03-09-2012, 07:06 PM   #283
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarasa1 View Post
one more question. In terms of books that i've bought from the kobo bookstore, i prefer not to have them in my library on my iphone app or my KT. But before i start deleting them off my devices, i wanted to ask.. where are they saved? i obviously don't want to pay for them again, but i was wondering if they're saved somewhere on my computer, so that i can get them back whenever i want...... the trend i've spotted with the free books i downloaded was that when i removed them from my device and synced my desktop app, they disappeared from my desktop library shelves too, and so i've gone and redownloaded them.. fine for free books, but i don't want to lose books i've paid for.. i just want them stored somewhere that isn't a device, so i can add and remove them at will!

Any ideas anyone?
Regarding purchased books, you will find them by clicking the "purchased" link of the "MY LIBRARY" page. Regardless of if you delete them from your device(s) they will show up there. Free books will disappear completely if you delete them. You will just have to find and 'add' them again if you want to get them back on your device. If you wish to later place the purchased books back on your device(s), simply go through the 'purchased' link, click the checkbox next to the books you want to read again and click the 'bookmark' button at the top. The books will be copied to the 'I'm Reading' section and bookmarked to the first page. Be warned however that the 'I'm Reading' section has a limit of 1075 titles. (I have run into this lots of times) If you try to add anymore they will not show up in I'm Reading. You will have to try again after you've reduced the count below 1075.
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:52 PM   #284
sarasa1
Enthusiast

Ah, great! Thank you, Xennex! Now i can prune my bookshelves!

Hoping someone can help sort my issues with classic attack.. have emailed the folks at Kobo, but so far they haven't been able to help at all
Old 03-12-2012, 03:41 AM   #285
TurtleTots
TurtleTots began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
I found the easter egg

I was wondering if there is anyway to convert amazon ebooks to epub format? I know they have a DRM. Thanks.
TurtleTots is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awards, reading life, touch