Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 12:13 PM   #3601
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryzed View Post
I feel it's around the right time of the year to tell you how much I appreciate you working on this plugin again, Jimm. Thanks for your tireless efforts and support!
Old 12-20-2014, 08:01 PM   #3602
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryzed View Post
I feel it's around the right time of the year to tell you how much I appreciate you working on this plugin again, Jimm. Thanks for your tireless efforts and support!
Seconded.

Many thanks, team.
Advert
Old 12-21-2014, 09:52 AM   #3603
chrnno
Enthusiast
chrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with others

Device: Samsung Galaxy J2
Quote:
Originally Posted by skb View Post
Seconded.

Many thanks, team.
Thirded, this plugin is awesome so the effort and time spent on time is very much appreciated.
Old 12-21-2014, 10:43 AM   #3604
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm glad people enjoy it.
Old 12-23-2014, 10:15 AM   #3605
mcindy159
mcindy159 began at the beginning.

Device: calibre
Unhappy I couldn't install the plugin for the FanFictionDownLoader on calibre

calibre, version 1.35.0
ERROR: Fallo en la instalación del complemento: Ha ocurrido un error al instalar este complemento y a continuación se desinstalará. Por favor, publique el mensaje de error que aparece en los detalles de más abajo en la conversación del foro para este complemento y reinicie calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 711, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 375, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 53, in load_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 211, in load
InvalidPlugin: The plugin at C:\Windows\Temp\calibre_jnlfpq\4gppj6.zip needs a version of calibre >= 1.48.0

Advert
Old 12-23-2014, 10:23 AM   #3606
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Did you read the error message? You need a Calibre version >= 1.48.0, FFDL makes use of Calibre features not available in earlier versions and is thus incompatible with versions this old.

Last edited by cryzed; 12-23-2014 at 10:25 AM.
Old 12-23-2014, 01:32 PM   #3607
mcindy159
mcindy159 began at the beginning.

Device: calibre
Red face Blushing...

Thanks, eventhough I'm ashamed to say it, I hadn't read the message

Old 12-23-2014, 01:35 PM   #3608
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Glad I could be of help!
Old 12-27-2014, 12:20 AM   #3609
readerboy7
Enthusiast
readerboy7 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I can't get FanFictionDownloader on Calibre.

I got a new computer and installed Calibre on it. Then I tried to install FanFictionDownloader 2.1.0 on it, along with Count Pages and Generate Cover. Count Pages and Generate Cover showed up on the menu bar, but FanFictionDownloader doesn't. The list of installed plugins claims that I have it, but since I can't download books with it, it's as if it doesn't exist.
Attached is a screenshot showing the error.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre bug.png
Views:	210
Size:	278.4 KB
ID:	132981  
Old 12-27-2014, 04:03 AM   #3610
Sunlite
Addict
Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KObo Clara, Kobo Aura, PRS-T1, PB602, CyBook Gen3
Try to go to Preferences -> Toolbar, choose the toolbar you want to add the plug in to (probably 'main toolbar') and add the plug in by choosing it on the left side and using the arrow pointing to the right.
Old 12-27-2014, 12:44 PM   #3611
readerboy7
Enthusiast
readerboy7 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
It worked. Thank you.
Old 12-27-2014, 12:48 PM   #3612
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@readerboy7:

Sunlite is correct that you can add it menus manually that way.

However, calibre does usually offer to add new plugins to the menu for you. It didn't because of a rather subtle bug involving how the FFDL plugin is loaded during first-time install.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Fix will be included in the next version.
Old 12-27-2014, 01:15 PM   #3613
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Release

Version 2.1.01 - 27 Dec 2014
  • Fixed fictionmania.tv adapter and updated to use new HTML parser -- thanks, cryzed.
  • Fixes for FicWad changes and problems with FicWad login.
  • Collect either Codes or (Site) Tags for storiesonline.net.
  • Add 'score' site specific metadata for storiesonline.net -- thanks davidfor.
  • Accept alternate story URL forms for fictionmania.tv -- thanks, cryzed.
  • Deal with squidge/peja injecting Google Analytics script block.
  • Change www.hpfanficarchive.com -> hpfanficarchive.com.
  • Fix for nested HTML comments with old HTML parser.
  • Remove a debug print in TtH--causes problems with web version.
  • Optional Progress Bar time estimate feature -- thanks, FaceDeer.
  • Fix for first-time plugin install so it offers initial add-to-menu dialog.
  • Known issue: Specific metadata 'eroticatags' for literotica.com doesn't work on all stories.
  • Known issue: Metadata collection is not as complete for 'Base eFiction' adapters.
Old 12-30-2014, 09:27 AM   #3614
watani
Enthusiast
watani began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
There seems to be a problem with italicized sections for fanfics downloaded from Fimfiction. Only the first paragraph of each contiguous set of italicized paragraphs is correctly italicized and the remaining paragraphs are not. Two example stories where I've found this problem are:

Mirror's Image (Chapter 20)
The Elements of Harmony and the Savior of Worlds (almost all the chapters have italicized flashback sections)

I am using FanFictionDownloader 2.1.1 with calibre 2.14.0 [64-bit].
Old 12-30-2014, 11:07 AM   #3615
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by watani View Post
There seems to be a problem with italicized sections for fanfics downloaded from Fimfiction. Only the first paragraph of each contiguous set of italicized paragraphs is correctly italicized and the remaining paragraphs are not.
Both of those stories nest the paragraph(<p>) and italics(<t>) tags incorrectly. Eg:
Code:
<p><i>...</p>...<p class="double">...</i></p>
The HTML parser automatically closes the <i> tag when it reaches the first </p> because the standards say that it has to be closed.

There is hope, however: FFDL now includes a newer HTML parser (BeautifulSoup4/html5lib). One of the other developers is working on updates to the FimF adapter to use the newer parser. Testing with the dev code shows that it can interpret that code as the author intended (I can't bring myself to call it correctly).

I don't know when the new version will be available, but it is coming.
Closed Thread