Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 05-30-2010, 05:42 PM   #1
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
Good iPad case for reading in bed??

Hi - does anyone have a case they'd recommend for reading in bed? I'm lazily looking for something that will allow it to stand upright, or close to upright, on it's own.

Right now, I'm propping it up with a pillow, but that is hot, and a wooden recipe holder - not very comfortable. I spent a lot of time reading reviews on iPad stands, but didn't see anything that would work in bed.

Someone at work showed me an Incase case that would work well for movies - - as it is holds the iPad in slanted landscape. Has anyone used it for reading by chance?

Any advice would be appreciated.

PS: this the link for the incase case. http://www.goincase.com/products/det...jacket-cl57512

Last edited by Victoria; 05-30-2010 at 05:46 PM.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 05:47 PM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
What about this?

at http://www.levenger.com/PAGETEMPLATE...-3|PageID=5787

Cheaper copy-cat products too - on Amazon or Google.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2010, 06:03 PM   #3
VictoriaP
Addict
VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2; Kindle Touch; Kindle 2; iPad Mini; iPad1
I'm mostly using a MacAlly Bookstand case:

http://www.amazon.com/Macally-BOOKST...5256541&sr=8-1

I use it both in upright landscape mode and in typing position. It's not a very protective case, but it functions well for display and use.

DH and I also use these Peeramid bookrest pillows heavily:

http://www.amazon.com/Hog-Wild-Peera...ref=pd_sim_k_1

I originally bought them to support my Kindle, but they work even better with the iPads. I find myself using it in bed to play games like Solitaire or Angry Birds, for reading, and for casual surfing.
VictoriaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:02 PM   #4
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
Smile Thank you!!

Victoria & Poohbear

Thanks for the suggestions - I was boxed in to thinking I needed a case, but a reading pillow is just the ticket! I'll order one tonight
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:07 PM   #5
cheerio6414
Addict
cheerio6414 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
What about this?

at http://www.levenger.com/PAGETEMPLATE...-3|PageID=5787

Cheaper copy-cat products too - on Amazon or Google.

looks nice
cheerio6414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2010, 01:36 AM   #6
anonymousadrian
anonymousadrian began at the beginning.

Device: none
this one is pretty nice.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...30679333624843
anonymousadrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:44 AM   #7
Rique
Zealot
Rique began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (silver), IPad 3G 64GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymousadrian View Post
That would be the Quirky Cloak! I have had one on order since early May - they are now saying that it will not be available for shipping until late this month.

Quirky is an interesting concept and company... I think of it kind of as open source product development and marketing.

Here is a blog entry concerning the ongoing development process for the Cloak - and their development timeline:

http://aquirkyblog.com/2010/05/cloak...to-completion/

And you can learn more about Quirky here:

http://www.quirky.com/

-- Riq
Rique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:31 PM   #8
Tony Szmuk
Connoisseur
Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ,,,
I've just got my new Apple iPad case. It's beautiful and it can be used for reading in bed, at the table/desk or carrying the iPad around. Form the choices I had bay looking online and in stores, this is by far the best case available.

Tony Szmuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:26 AM   #9
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Very neat, Tony. I emailed you another option earlier -- just forget it. This one looks much more practical. Cheers. Neil
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	drm_free_green with bb.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	53183  
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:04 AM   #10
junkyardwillie
Addict
junkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Note Pro, Kobo H20 and iPad
You might want to check out this
http://www.unplggd.com/unplggd/how-t...d-stand-117822
junkyardwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:10 AM   #11
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Great Willie. That's exactly what I used to use for treebooks. Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 12:08 PM   #12
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
I use this one all over the house (heck, using it now) including bed. Works good for me, but can get a little sweaty on hot days and bare legs....

http://www.paddedspaces.com/
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:49 PM   #13
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Have you seen this?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A3NDZMWLDIE8HQ

I've only seen it online, so I can't say whether it's any good.

In the past, I've also seen breakfast trays for beds that include book holders with adjustable angles. I don't own one of 'em, though.

I use cushions, cheapo picture easels. I also just dug out a cheapo easel I bought at a drugstore months ago. It adjusts to many angles and weighs next to nothing. I think it was meant for netbooks. I picked it up because it looked like it might be handy one day, and now it is.

Last edited by Maggie Leung; 06-11-2010 at 02:53 PM.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:58 PM   #14
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Check this out:

http://www.lapdawg.com/gallery/http:...g.com/gallery/

One device, many uses.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:10 PM   #15
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
maggie.. fix the link you have. it's posted twice and doesn't work..

http://www.lapdawg.com/gallery/
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote