Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Old 07-09-2010, 09:31 AM   #1
emai7s2
Connoisseur
emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.

Device: Palm & PPC
BeBook Neo for proofreading texts?

Hi HarryT,

I would like to proofread/correct/rework drafts in text/PDF format instead of printing out hard copies and using my trusty red pen. This would involve crossing out text, underlining certain sections, etc. Thus I would essentially be treating the ereader the same as a sheet of paper.

In another thread I asked mgmueller about using the Kindle DX, Sony 900 and Irex 800 in this regard.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...49#post1000249

mgmueller said:
"Still I'd like to bring another unit to the table: BeBook Neo/Onyx Boox. It's HarryT's favorite - and he's doing a lot of proofreading."

I've never even considered the BeoBook Neo due to its small size. Do you think the BeoBook Neo is suitable for proofreading/correcting/reworking drafts in PDF format? Can annotations also be made on file types other than PDF (I try to stick to .txt format whenever possible)?

Thanks!
emai7s2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 02:23 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It supports "freehand" annotation (ie handwriting) on PDF files. On other formats, all you can do is highlight text.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2010, 04:10 AM   #3
Serif
metempsychosis
Serif began at the beginning.

Device: number 9, number 9...
Hi,
I used it too for proofreading and it's excellent with pdfs (freehand annotation + bookmarks). If you can "generate" them through, say, Word or OO or other word processor programs, may I suggest a generous margin on one side? It's handy for some more specific/lenghty annotation. Or increase the space between the lines, depending on your habits! Good luck!
Serif is offline   Reply With Quote