Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 02-10-2010, 06:40 AM   #1
lovelyloey
Enthusiast
lovelyloey began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600
Just ordered - do I need another cover?

Ok, I just placed an order for an Opus through Fry's.

I was wondering how good is the sleeve/cover they provide with the device, and if I need better protection.

See, I killed a Sony 600 screen by using JUST the supplied sleeve, so I am miffed. Companies should not include shoddy material meant to protect a device! Anyway I digress.

So, do I need another cover for the Opus? If so, apart from bookarmor, are there any other options?
lovelyloey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:46 AM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I think that the cover is quite good for the device, it feels more or less the same than the Gen3 cover. If you want another, this is the only one I've found: Noreve
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2010, 07:02 AM   #3
lovelyloey
Enthusiast

I see! The Noreve is pretty! But pricey as well. Heh.

So is the cover provided a sleeve where I have to slip out the reader? So when I'm reading I'm holding the device naked, isn't it? Concerns for my buttery fingers... heh
Old 02-10-2010, 08:21 AM   #4
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, it's right. You hold the device naked (poor prude Opus ).
Old 02-10-2010, 02:18 PM   #5
polyfragmentiert
Groupie
polyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: SONY PRS-T1, bald tolino vision 3 HD
I like the Opus' cover just fine, no problems so far. I mostly carry it around in a jacket pocket though, so no big stress testing done.
polyfragmentiert is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2010, 01:07 AM   #6
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
I've had my Cybook Opus for a week and think the leather sleeve that comes with it is fine. My only concern is that, if I put it in my handbag that doesn't have a separate pocket for it, the open end might attract moisture or any lint that may be in my bag.

The Noreve looks great (and I wish I didn't know about it!! -- I have far too many accessories for my kindles). If another company ever comes up with a cover for it, let us know here.

Thanks.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 01:08 AM   #7
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
Oh, and so far I've held my Cybook naked, since the sleeve is not a jacket.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:16 AM   #8
Berylmary
Enthusiast
Berylmary began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Opus, iPod Touch 3G, Sony PRS600, iPhone 3Gs
I have had my Opus for over a month. I carry it round in a pretty case from Paperchase, very light and portable, think it might be meant to be a pencil case or vanity bag. I read it naked, the reader not me, and no damage so far. I have dropped it a couple of times on carpet.
Berylmary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:28 AM   #9
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlewis78 View Post

The Noreve looks great (and I wish I didn't know about it!! -- I have far too many accessories for my kindles). If another company ever comes up with a cover for it, let us know here.

Thanks.
Sorry, I had to share my temptation
Old 02-13-2010, 07:34 AM   #10
lovelyloey
Enthusiast

heh, so I have decided I will stick with the Bookeen issued cover, and probably stick into one of those plastic food container (like Tupperware or lock-n-lock) when I need to throw into my bag or travelling. Not the most glamorous thing, but it serves the purpose. :P
And I might hazard my own attempt at creating one of those hollowed out hardcover books, and then velcro my reader down in there. I'll post up pictures when I get around to doing it, hehe
Old 03-05-2010, 03:58 AM   #11
Fia
Fia began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Opus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I think that the cover is quite good for the device, it feels more or less the same than the Gen3 cover. If you want another, this is the only one I've found: Noreve
Ooooh.....
I don't even own a reading device yet - but the Opus is one of my strong candidates. And I DO want one of these leather cases to go with it.
Can someone please give me shitloads of money so I can go shopping without thinking?
Fia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:47 PM   #12
talaivan
Groupie
talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-505
The Noreen case is $67.68 -- I got the Cybook Opus for $149 from Frys. Think I'll stick with the case it came with.
talaivan is offline   Reply With Quote