Notices

Old 01-08-2010, 10:28 AM   #1
LARdT
The LARdT of E-Books
LARdT began at the beginning.

Device: HANLIN V3ext (Papyre 6.1)
Functions for directory & file naming

Dear Kovid,

Are there any functions available to apply them to metadata for directory and file naming?
Now that Calibre supports file naming configuration in the uploading of books to the e-reader I am thinking in features that are common in mp3 name file handling such as:

- Upper: converts name to uppercase
- lower: convert to uppercase
- Capitalize: capitalize (every first letter of each word converted to uppercase)
- Title: First letter of title converted to uppercase, the rest lowercase

I think you get the idea. I suppose that could be added easily as a python plugin (if I had the lesser idea about Python, i'll try myself).
LARdT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:26 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No plans for the moment, I have other features I am working on, but feel free to open a ticket, maybe one of the other calibre developers will be interested.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2010, 05:44 PM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
There is support in the right click menu for changing the case of the metadata fields. However, it currently only works when editing existing metadata. There is no way as of yet to apply one of the case changes when importing.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 06:57 AM   #4
LARdT
The LARdT of E-Books
LARdT began at the beginning.

Device: HANLIN V3ext (Papyre 6.1)
Thanks for the info.
Anyway I'll try a ticket. The whole point of it is beign sure that filenames in PC and Device will be consistent just in case there is an error in the metadata
LARdT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:06 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by LARdT View Post
Thanks for the info.
Anyway I'll try a ticket. The whole point of it is beign sure that filenames in PC and Device will be consistent just in case there is an error in the metadata
Until someone allows a substring of a field:{author_sort:1a}
You could manually set the Literal value for the single Alpha char of the directory you want.

B/{author_sort}...
Now save all authors that sort to 'B' (Butcher, Bujold, Bradley, Bradburry...)

Change the letter to 'C' and repeat for that group. (Cherryh, Campbell, Carver...)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert