Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-18-2009, 01:02 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Feedbooks is broken?

I am posting this here in the hopes that either others have fixed the problem and can advise me, or Hadrien will see it, can fix the problem and advise me

Feedbooks has a new look, and while I like it (helps filter out the endless comic book downlaods, so one can find the real books!) I have not been able to download anything. I prefer the custom PDF for the Sony Reader. The new 'look' has removed the quick link for the Sony Reader download. There is instead a custom PDF link. So I clicked on it after I was logged in, one of the choices was Sony Reader, I clicked the 'save as my template' button and got an 'Error 500---try our help page' message.

I am not a fan of epub on the Sony. The custom PDF files from Feedbooks really did work great for me. I am disappointed that the one-click link is gone, but if I can set this as my custom PDF preference and still use it, even if it is more steps, that's fine. But it's not letting me do anything right now. Any help please?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 01:11 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hi ficbot, hopefully hadrien will see this and be able to help if necessary, otherwise you can try contacting him directly via pm.

have you tried making a custom pdf while logged in ? i think on feedbooks you must be logged for that so that it can save the settings to your account, that way you only define them once. give that a try and see whether it helps.

either way it's good you bring this to hadrien's attention, i'm sure there's a better way than a 500 error to handle the situation, and it's possible there's a bug with the new site design.

keep us posted !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2009, 01:12 PM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I just posted in another thread about this...

The epub downloads, but I haven't tried it on my reader yet.

I also get the error page. I had to sign in for the custom pdf and also tried the sony template. I got the error page.

I then tried to change the font size for the custom setting and got the error page. I was going back to give it a try again.

I too miss the quick download link for the Sony.

Hopefully, it is just an error due to the site being in progress of change.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 01:46 PM   #4
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, I was logged in when it happened Hope it gets fixed soon. I would love for the quick link for Sony to be back, but as long as it's working, I'll manage
Old 07-18-2009, 02:16 PM   #5
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
I'm still tracking bugs and fixing them asap. I'll fix this one today or tomorrow.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2009, 02:19 PM   #6
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

As for the Sony template for PDF: it was confusing for a lot of users to have both a Sony Reader and an EPUB link. Since you can get the exact same thing with a custom PDF template, this is why we've removed the link and advanced users can still customize things the way they want.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:26 PM   #7
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you, Hadrien, for your quick response.

I will check back later.
Old 07-18-2009, 07:50 PM   #8
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder

Could you try again ?
Old 07-18-2009, 07:53 PM   #9
ficbot
Wizard

Thanks, Hadrien! It's working now.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:24 PM   #10
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Just tried again and it works! Thank you, Hadrien.

I like that I was able to set a larger font size (I'd never tried that before).