Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-11-2011, 10:40 PM   #1
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Redecorating and Home Improvement

Well, my mom moved in with me and we both have/had a fair amount of stuff, especially Mom and my place is 1200 sq ft. It is working out great, though (and it IS 2b2b)! I am really proud of the living room and my bedroom, in particular.

I got rid of my couches, which had been hand-me-downs from a friend, so the couches and chair are Mom's (she stored her largest couch) as is that piece of art in front of the fireplace. The rug is mine as is the stuff on the mantle, ledge, thing and the books and bookshelves. Mom really has a great eye for arranging things. Anyway, any of you guys decorate or home improve lately?

covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:47 PM   #2
barb2cats
Connoisseur
barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle 2, iPhone, VIZIO
I really like the way the living room is arranged. It looks like a great place to settle in with an e or p book, or to talk with someone.

Congratulations.
barb2cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2011, 11:44 AM   #3
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Egad! I see no cat hair at all! Uncivilized! No dust bunnies either!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 12:16 PM   #4
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb2cats View Post
I really like the way the living room is arranged. It looks like a great place to settle in with an e or p book, or to talk with someone.

Congratulations.
Thanks and, yes, it is a great space to read in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Egad! I see no cat hair at all! Uncivilized! No dust bunnies either!
Ha! You might, however, notice where the cats tore the lining under the little, armless green couch with its back facing you a bit. Also, you should see the hair in the vacum cleaner after a vacuming.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:28 PM   #5
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
That looks amazing. I think it might actually be smaller than my own living room space, which I didn't think was possible...
And you've done such a great job arranging and making it look homey and not cramped.

My own poor living room... it needs painting desperately. Right now it has hand painted "wallpaper" panels - trellises and ivy on a white background. But the trellises are painted a funky gray/purple color (same color as the trim). It was a paint mixing/lighting thing - the people that bought the paint thought it was gray. They got it in here and it turned out to be more lavender, LOL.

Well, we had this blue-green couch and chair with a chenille type texture, and that went great with the lavender(!!!) trellises. But unfortunately it turned out to be fairly short lived, and the replacement couch (which I LOVE), is brown faux microsuede and HUGE. The furniture now only fits ONE way in my living room, which normally would drive me insane (since my idea of deep cleaning is move all the furniture out of a room, clean under it and put the furniture back in different places), but I love this couch so much I've managed.

Soooo I need major redecorating, starting with the walls, but don't have a clue when we'll have the time/money/resources to ever do it. We rent, but are fortunate that the landlord lets us do anything we want with paint, etc.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2011, 06:47 PM   #6
covingtoncat73
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
That looks amazing. I think it might actually be smaller than my own living room space, which I didn't think was possible...
And you've done such a great job arranging and making it look homey and not cramped.

My own poor living room... it needs painting desperately. Right now it has hand painted "wallpaper" panels - trellises and ivy on a white background. But the trellises are painted a funky gray/purple color (same color as the trim). It was a paint mixing/lighting thing - the people that bought the paint thought it was gray. They got it in here and it turned out to be more lavender, LOL.

Well, we had this blue-green couch and chair with a chenille type texture, and that went great with the lavender(!!!) trellises. But unfortunately it turned out to be fairly short lived, and the replacement couch (which I LOVE), is brown faux microsuede and HUGE. The furniture now only fits ONE way in my living room, which normally would drive me insane (since my idea of deep cleaning is move all the furniture out of a room, clean under it and put the furniture back in different places), but I love this couch so much I've managed.

Soooo I need major redecorating, starting with the walls, but don't have a clue when we'll have the time/money/resources to ever do it. We rent, but are fortunate that the landlord lets us do anything we want with paint, etc.
Thanks. Mom gets much of the credit. It helps that we have pools are resources. Also, the place really needs interior paint. I actually rent from Mom and she owns the place, though she hasn't lived here until now.