Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 04-15-2011, 03:35 PM   #61
Beeba2000
Beeba2000 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
Hello --

I successfully created a Swedish - English dictionary .mobi file with this process. I have set it on my Kindle 3G as the Primary Dictionary. Yet, now, when I am reading Swedish or English texts, the device still defaults to the English dictionary that came with the device.

Any suggestions on how I can use my newly-created dictionary on my Kindle?

Thanks!
Beeba2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:59 AM   #62
Beeba2000
Beeba2000 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
Solved - I ultimately realized that the dictionary that I had created was fine. The problem was with the metadata of the actual ebook. I had converted the book from epub to mobi using calibre under Windows. The Calibre GUI under Windows does not allow for changing the language of the ebook in the metadata.

I read that the command line version of Calibre under Linux or Mac DOES allow you to change the language metadata, so I moved over to my Linux machine. Turns out, I did not need to even use command line. When you start Calibre for the first time, it asks you which language you would like to use as default. I chose Swedish (target language for the text).

This worked. The epub file was converted to mobi with Swedish meta info. Uploaded to the Kindle, and now the dictionary works great.
Beeba2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2011, 12:35 PM   #63
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Beeba2000

Welcome to Mobileread ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:29 AM   #64
Newby
Enthusiast
Newby began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3 Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeba2000 View Post
Hello --

I successfully created a Swedish - English dictionary .mobi file with this process. I have set it on my Kindle 3G as the Primary Dictionary. Yet, now, when I am reading Swedish or English texts, the device still defaults to the English dictionary that came with the device.

Any suggestions on how I can use my newly-created dictionary on my Kindle?

Thanks!
could we also get it?
Newby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:47 PM   #65
Kenneth_irl
Addict
Kenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kindle 3 + Paperwhite 7th gen
Hi, I've found (not darknet) a concise danish-english dictionary in html, which looks to be pretty good candidate for use on the kindle. I haven't got around to try and make it Kindle compatible, but there's a link below if you want to have a go at it.

https://rapidshare.com/files/4604633...lsk-dansk.html

The file is scanned with the lasted update using Eset Nod32 anti-v.

PM me if you secceed.
Kenneth_irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2011, 02:38 AM   #66
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
a request

thanks

(solved my problem)

I converted an ottoman>turkish dictionary with the help of this tutorial.
also attached in case so also need
Turkish:>

Amazon Kindle için mobipocket (.mobi) formatında Osmanlıca - Türkçe sözlük - lügat, Kindle üzerinde Risale-i Nur okuma için faydalı olabilir( "primary dictionary" olarak kullanmanıza gerek yok,eğer okuduğunuz kitabın dili türkçe olarak belirtilmişse ve başka bir Türkçe sözlük (Türkçeden başka dile çeviren ya da kendi derlediğiniz) yüklemediyseniz, Kindle bu sözlüğü otomatik olarak kullanacaktır. daha fazla bilgi Eğer Kindle Türkçe bir kitapta Türkçe bir sözlük kullanmıyorsa kitabın dili İngilizce (ya da başka bir dil ) olarak tanımlanmıştır; Bu durumda Kitabın dilini Türkçeye Calibrenin <edit metadata> özelliğini kullanarak değiştirebilirsiniz. (Aynı şekilde diğer dildeki kitapları da düzeltebilirsiniz) ).

Foruma yüklediğim Risale-i Nur Külliyatı kitaplarına buradan ulaşabilirsiniz

Mevcut en iyi Risale-i Nur Sözlüğü burada.

Spoiler:

Sözlük denemelerim:

Kindle'da osm-tr (~60000 kelime) sözlüğünü denedim.Risale ile birlikte güzel çalışıyor. Sadece aygıta yüklemeniz yeterli.(sözcüğün ek almış formatlarını anlık gösterimde göstermiyor.Bu kelimeleri yazıp dictionary'ye tıklayın.

RisaleiNurSozlugu.prc(~66000) osm-tr.mobi sözlüğüne risale'deki kelimelerin ( inflection list olarak) eklenmiş halidir. Kelimeleri eklemedeki amaç sözcüğünek almış halini de göstermesi.Ne var ki bu işlemi tamamen otomatik (matlab yardımıyla) yaptığımdan bir miktar (ek almış olan) alakasız sözcükleri de eşlemiş durumda.(imleç sözcük üzerine geldiğinde alakasız bir kelime ve o kelimenin anlamını gösterebilir.)Bunu dikkate alarak kullanın.(Elle düzeltmeler yapılması gerekiyor. Bu konu ile uğraşmak isteyen olursa yardımcı olabilirim)

"sozluk_osmanlıca.prc"(~13000kelime) Risale'den ziyade genel amaçlı. (kaynağı kitabın içinde yazıyor) KindelforPc'de çalıştı. Kindle'da da çalışır herhalde.

osm-tr.mobi
sozluk_osmanlica.prc
RisaleiNurSozlugu.prc

Elinizde daha düzgün çalışan bir osmanlıca-türkçe sözlük varsa bu sayfada paylaşırsanız memnun oluruz.

Last edited by thomass; 03-11-2013 at 05:40 PM. Reason: v5
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:45 AM   #67
nbveh
nbveh began at the beginning.

Device: TrekStor Pyrus mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeba2000 View Post
Solved - I ultimately realized that the dictionary that I had created was fine. The problem was with the metadata of the actual ebook. I had converted the book from epub to mobi using calibre under Windows. The Calibre GUI under Windows does not allow for changing the language of the ebook in the metadata.

I read that the command line version of Calibre under Linux or Mac DOES allow you to change the language metadata, so I moved over to my Linux machine. Turns out, I did not need to even use command line. When you start Calibre for the first time, it asks you which language you would like to use as default. I chose Swedish (target language for the text).

This worked. The epub file was converted to mobi with Swedish meta info. Uploaded to the Kindle, and now the dictionary works great.
Are you willing to share created dictionary maybe? would be just great)
thanks!
nbveh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:17 AM   #68
yolbulduran
yolbulduran began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
English - Turkish Dictionary, contains 44277 lines of text
Attached Files
File Type: mobi EN_TR_V10.mobi (2.79 MB, 3300 views)

Last edited by yolbulduran; 05-12-2011 at 02:24 AM. Reason: typo
yolbulduran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:19 AM   #69
yolbulduran

English - Turkish dictionary, contains 44277 lines of text
if you have problems with instant look-up feature with special characters ıİşŞğĞ. this dictionary uses iIsSgG instead of ıİşŞğĞ.
I think the problem is related with KDX or KDXG with older firmware
Attached Files
File Type: mobi En TR Sozluk SG.mobi (2.76 MB, 2735 views)

Last edited by yolbulduran; 05-12-2011 at 02:41 AM. Reason: attachment
Old 05-12-2011, 02:36 AM   #70
yolbulduran

osmn.mobi and Osmanlca Turkce Sozluk_86AC35DF.prc displays 131 instead of ı (instead of dotlessi)

all three of dictionaries you attached use s instead of ş (instead of scedilla)

I used the script in post #9 of that thread to correctly convert Turkish characters. Even with my conversion, Kindle DXG cannot display ş or ı or ğ (scedilla, dotlessi, gbreve) in instant-lookup display. There is no problem when using an ordinary dictionary.

On a Kindle 3 with 3.x firmare, my English - Turkish dictionary had no problem with special characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
thanks

(solved my problem)

I converted an ottoman>turkish dictionary with the help of this tutorial.
also attached in case so also need (not tried though)
I am familiar with, and correcting Turkish character problems since Windows V3.0 with Adobe Type Manager (pre TTF era). There are special names for our Turkish Characters which Adobe gave:
ı : dotlessi
İ : Idotaccent
g: gbreve
s : scedilla
c : ccedilla

Last edited by yolbulduran; 05-12-2011 at 02:39 AM. Reason: ATM naming scheme
Old 05-12-2011, 08:27 AM   #71
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolbulduran View Post
osmn.mobi and Osmanlca Turkce Sozluk_86AC35DF.prc displays 131 instead of ı (instead of dotlessi)

all three of dictionaries you attached use s instead of ş (instead of scedilla)

I used the script in post #9 of that thread to correctly convert Turkish characters. Even with my conversion, Kindle DXG cannot display ş or ı or ğ (scedilla, dotlessi, gbreve) in instant-lookup display. There is no problem when using an ordinary dictionary.

On a Kindle 3 with 3.x firmare, my English - Turkish dictionary had no problem with special characters.

I am familiar with, and correcting Turkish character problems since Windows V3.0 with Adobe Type Manager (pre TTF era). There are special names for our Turkish Characters which Adobe gave:
ı : dotlessi
İ : Idotaccent
g: gbreve
s : scedilla
c : ccedilla
thanks for the advice.
hem yol olarak da gerçekten kısaymış. O şekilde bir tane çevirdim ve yukarıdaki gönderiye yükledim (osm-tr.mobi), deneyip yorumlarsan memnun olurum. (bana eng>turk değil de osm>turk lazım, eski dildeki metinleri okurken kullanmak için.)

Last edited by thomass; 05-12-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:26 AM   #72
yolbulduran

Now, all of the Turkish chars are correct in osm-tr.mobi but not in osmn - thomass.mobi

thank you very much for your effort

if you don't want to display "** CJK Dictionary **" text in the first page, you might manually delete that text from large MyDict.html file and manually compile by executing:
mobigen.exe MyDict.opf

ellerine sağlık hocam, çok güzel oldu
kandil (bu kelimeyi bence ecnebiler bizden çalmış) yanımda değil ama Kindle for PC ve mobipocket reader ile baktım. Süper.

Quote:
thanks for the advice.
hem yol olarak da gerçekten kısaymış. O şekilde bir tane çevirdim ve yukarıdaki gönderiye yükledim
I also need a large Turkish - Turkish dictionary (or a suitable text file to compile).

Last edited by yolbulduran; 05-12-2011 at 10:53 AM. Reason: typo
Old 05-13-2011, 08:43 AM   #73
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
I also need a large Turkish - Turkish dictionary (or a suitable text file to compile).
aslında bir tane geniş bir türkçe sözlük bulup bir osmanlıca sözlükle birleştirip tam kapsamlı bir sözlük yapmak iyi olabilir.

Last edited by thomass; 06-06-2011 at 10:13 AM.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:07 AM   #74
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
şu linkteki işine yarayabilir
Old 05-14-2011, 03:36 PM   #75
yolbulduran

Quote:
şu linkteki işine yarayabilir
Great Turkish to Turkish Dictionary with in-built searching capability.
Thanks

Tags
ebook tools, kindle tools