Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-03-2013, 08:26 AM   #1
holdit
Connoisseur
holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, IPad
Kindle App for Mac problems Images do not display

I have various .mobi files that I created using a fixed layout with just images and some with images and text. All these .mobi files passed validation on Amazon and are viewable in the Kindle Previewer, Kindle Fire, Kindle HD.

I also have the Kindle app for my IPad and wanted to see what these files looked like thru the Kindle app and I see there are two ways to do this.
1. Download Send To Kindle app"
drag the .mobi file to the app select where you want to view it (I choose My Ipad).

2. Go to my Amazon Bookshelf
select book, select where you want to view it(I choose My Ipad).

in both instances when I view ANY of the 12 different .mobi files I created I only see:

the cover , with the rest of the pages blank. Except for the books with images AND text. On those I only see the text.

So I looked for another book on Amazon that was done using images, I found "Much Ado About puffins" If I load that book and view thru the app I see it fine.

So I downloaded the book to my desktop and I notice it is NOT a .mobi but an azw3 file. So I took my original epub file of one of the picture books I did, opened in Calibre and converted that to an .azw3 when I tried to upload that file to the "Send To Kindle App" It says that it does not handle these types of files. I'm all over Amazon's boards with this problem no answer yet so I thought I would ask here.

anyone?

thx

RD
holdit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:36 AM   #2
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
I think this may be the wrong forum... in answer to your question Calibre successfully converts file for viewing on the eink kindles. That's as much as I know
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2014, 06:16 PM   #3
KevinSwarts
KevinSwarts began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Any solution?

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm having the same problem.
KevinSwarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:49 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Kindle Previewer has an option to create an iDevice version, which is not a .mobi or a .azw3 but rather the mysterious .azk file.

You absolutely under no cicumstances want to send anything finicky like a fixed-format file through the Personal Documents service. There is absolutely no point or gain, whereas...

To be honest, I am rather confused as to why you don't just sideload the .mobi you already have, onto your iDevice -- just like every other .mobi on the planet....
Put it into iTunes and sync. Or download through Dropbox and "Open In ____".
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote