Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-13-2011, 05:24 AM   #1
thienphu91
thienphu91 began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Please help with dictionary problem in iBook 1.2.2

Hi everybody,
I've installed the Calibre 0.8.0 and used iBook 1.2.2 but I still have dictionary problem (Dictionary not available for this language).

My dc:language has already been "en".

The same problem also occurs with the free books I downloaded on iBook Store (How To Write Clearly - Edwin Abbott Abbott).

My platform is windows 7.

I've tried many methods but still not working. I'm really desperate... please help... Thanks in advance...
thienphu91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:10 AM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
You can try forcing the language declaration when sending the book to iTunes by using a plugboard. See the 'Metadata mapping and plugboard transformations' section in the Apple devices sticky.

If that works, it means that your dc:language declaration was not properly formatted in your OPF file.

G

Last edited by GRiker; 05-13-2011 at 09:12 AM.
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2011, 12:00 PM   #3
thienphu91

I've tried but it still doesn't work...???? Is there anything that I can try?
Old 05-13-2011, 12:31 PM   #4
GRiker
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You can try reinstalling iBooks, other than that I don't know. Works for me on 1.2.2/calibre 0.8, and as I recall the dictionary problem with iBooks went away quite some time ago.

G
Old 05-13-2011, 01:25 PM   #5
thienphu91

Thanks. I'll try. Just one more question. These solving methods will apply for any outside epub files (that's converted from pdf), right?
Advert
Old 05-13-2011, 03:28 PM   #6
GRiker

iBooks doesn't make any distinction about the source of the ePubs that I'm aware of. I believe that if no dc:language declaration exists, it defaults to the interface language, and otherwise uses the dc:language attribute in the ePub.

If there were a general problem with this, folks would be screaming in the Apple device forum and on Twitter.

G