Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-14-2011, 04:38 PM   #1
meadefischer
meadefischer began at the beginning.

Device: none
AZW to PDF

I'm thinking about a Kobo, but I have a few books from Kindle. Is there any way to convert Kindle files to pdf?
meadefischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:54 PM   #2
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 613
Probably not legally, I am afraid, as you'd have to strip the DRM first. Also, PDF? Not a format you want to read on a Kobo. Try epub instead.
rogue_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2011, 06:31 PM   #3
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
I have an Original Kobo and a Kindle 3 and like both of them. One of the things about the Kobo I really like is kobobooks.com which has some titles I can't get on Kindle that I happen to want to read (usually Canadian content). Also, for the very same title, I can often buy the Kobo edition cheaper than Kindle thanks to discount codes that (so far) Kobo is rather generous with. And, of course, I can borrow epub ebooks from my local library with a Kobo as is.

But the Kindle 3 has a better screen, and other attributes I really prefer. And there are lots of titles in Kindle format not on Kobo.

Since I save $5 to $10 typically on an ebook vs a print edition, it doesn't take long to pay for either or both ereaders -- in other words, the ereaders are essentially "free" after a year with the savings in ebook prices. So ... I recommend you consider getting one of each and add content to each as it makes sense economically or driven by sheer availability.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:44 PM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I hear that people convert Kindle files to ePUB and then use them on the Kobo or Sony readers.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
azw, conversion, pdf