Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-22-2013, 10:49 AM   #1
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Baen books on Amazon before Baen?

I noticed today that Shadow of Freedom by David Weber is available right now on Amazon for the Kindle ($9.99) showing a publication date of 2-14-13.

Baen is still showing it as releasing 3-15-13 for $9.99.

So same price but Amazon gets it a month earlier....is this going to be the new norm?

I would just buy it from Amazon but I have some free ebook coupons from the PlanetBaen game.

Edit: meant to put this is the news forum. Since its in the recommendations forum, I recommend everyone read Honor Harrington
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:03 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Shadow of Freedom has been available on the Baen eBooks site since last week.

http://www.baenebooks.com/p-1788-shadow-of-freedom.aspx

The hardcover is coming in March. The date Baen puts on the eBook site is usually the Hardcover release date or it has been (although in this case it's off by 10 days).

EDIT: It looks like all the releases for March (that came out as eBooks mid-Feb) have a messed up date the three in the date is probably a typo. The books are available though I downloaded my copy last week.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 02-22-2013 at 11:06 AM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:15 AM   #3
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Shadow of Freedom has been available on the Baen eBooks site since last week.

http://www.baenebooks.com/p-1788-shadow-of-freedom.aspx

The hardcover is coming in March. The date Baen puts on the eBook site is usually the Hardcover release date or it has been (although in this case it's off by 10 days).

EDIT: It looks like all the releases for March (that came out as eBooks mid-Feb) have a messed up date the three in the date is probably a typo. The books are available though I downloaded my copy last week.
sweet!

I take back what I said and shall get myself over to Baen to get my copy!
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote