Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-22-2011, 02:53 AM   #1
sarang
sarang began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Kindle now available from Indiaplaza

Kindle is now available from Indiaplaza for online ordering. Rs. 8950 for the wi-fi model and Rs. 11850 for wi-fi+3G model, delivered free. It is cheaper to order in India than to order from Amazon direct, even with zero custom duty.

Let us hope books in Indian languages will be available and support for unicode indic fonts is provided by Amazon.

Indian language publishers must seize this opportunity to get better visibility and cost advantage.
sarang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:35 AM   #2
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
But buying it from Amazon will provide you with higher quality customer service (Amazon cares a lot about their Kindle customers) and it will arrive sooner. Plus, I love Amazon

Maybe if I buy another Kindle though.... Do you have a link to this so that I can see the price difference?
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:00 AM   #3
fettpett
Enthusiast
fettpett began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
yeah, Amazon's customer service is fantastic, called in and I was on hold for MAYBE a minute, got a new kindle shipped to me free, labels for the broken one emailed to me, all within 15 minuets.
fettpett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:35 AM   #4
JaylieG
K3 Addict
JaylieG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Here is the link: IndiaPlaza
It seems to be that they are MORE expensive on that site that cheaper.... I think I will stick with the Amazon store......
JaylieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:31 PM   #5
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Amazon would still support the Kindle even if it was bought through another store. They support the Kindles bought at Target, Best Buy, Staples and the like.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
india, indic unicode fants, kindle