Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-29-2013, 02:25 PM   #796
laurla
Addict
laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle pw
NO NO NO!!! (YES YES YES!!!)

So I searched for Jill Shalvis at B&N just to see if any of her other stuff was, by chance, on sale... And alot of her books are in the $5.50-ish range...which is somewhat discounted. Then I thought, what the heck, let's see what Kobo has them for - same price and... wait for it... couponable!!!

I am not going to survive the weekend. I'll have used up my book budget for months to come (if I actually had budget that I stuck to, that is )
laurla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:41 PM   #797
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Another Elizabeth Chater is free today.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Runaway-De.../dp/B007BJTMQ6

Quote:
Matilda's father loses everything in a gambling debt, including her, but she courageously flees for her freedom, becoming the personal chef and the delight of Major Bruce. As their love grows for each other, Matilda's past comes back to haunt her.
First published in 1985
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2013, 03:14 PM   #798
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurla View Post
Big name authors, under $4 bucks. One-click, click, click and click again
$3.99 - It Had to Be You: Special Bonus Edition with free novel Blue Flame (Lucky Harbor #7) - Jill Shalvis -- sounds almost too good to be true...
Has anyone else purchased this "Bonus Edition"? Mine has no trace of the second novel Blue Flame.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:11 PM   #799
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
I just realised that Kobo's 50% off coupon meant that I could get Marie Force latest Gansett Island novel for 3 dollar (incl taxes) . They cost 4.99 normally, but I refuse to pay full price since the formatting gives an unfinished impression. ( And ironically, Marie Force runs a formatting service as a side business. You would have thought she would have made sure that her own books look professional.)
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:26 PM   #800
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurla View Post
So I searched for Jill Shalvis at B&N just to see if any of her other stuff was, by chance, on sale... And alot of her books are in the $5.50-ish range...which is somewhat discounted. Then I thought, what the heck, let's see what Kobo has them for - same price and... wait for it... couponable!!!

I am not going to survive the weekend. I'll have used up my book budget for months to come (if I actually had budget that I stuck to, that is )
Oh that's bad good news! lol I wish her Lucky Harbor series was couponable (it isn't in Canada anyway), I'm patiently waiting on #4+ to price drop... and had to seriously talk myself out of buying #7 because goodness knows how long it'll be before I get through 4, 5 & 6!
NixLapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2013, 04:34 PM   #801
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Has anyone else purchased this "Bonus Edition"? Mine has no trace of the second novel Blue Flame.
She's an autobuy for me. Mine was a pre-order and Blue Flame is in there.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:00 PM   #802
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Free @ Amazon

Justified Deception by Patricia Watters
(Prequel: Dancing Moon Ranch Series)

Indies:

A Lady in Defiance by Heather Blanton
(Romance in the Rockies)

A Little Deception by Beverley Eikli
Shortlisted Favourite Historical Romance in 2011 by ARRA (Australian Romance Readers Association). New revised 2013 version.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:03 PM   #803
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NixLapi View Post
Oh that's bad good news! lol I wish her Lucky Harbor series was couponable (it isn't in Canada anyway), I'm patiently waiting on #4+ to price drop... and had to seriously talk myself out of buying #7 because goodness knows how long it'll be before I get through 4, 5 & 6!
It isn't couponable here in the U.S either as it's published by Hachette.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:17 PM   #804
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Quote:
I won the book in a contest and rec'd it as a gift from Amazon. My copy has Blue Flame in it.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:20 PM   #805
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Free - Dystopian with romance (not YA):

Ice Diaries - Lexi Revellian
Old 06-29-2013, 05:35 PM   #806
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

On Sale @ Amazon $0.89

Kiss of Surrender by Sandra Hill
A Deadly Angels Book 02

Quote:
It's not easy being a Vampire Angel.

No one knows that better than Trond Sigurdsson. In the centuries since he last went out drinking and wenching with his Viking buds, Trond has been a gladiator, a cowboy, a ditch digger . . . even a sheik. But now he's the baddest of them all: a kick-ass Navy SEAL kicking butts of terrorist immortals with the help of his hotter-than-Hades female partner, police officer-turned-Special Forces operative Nicole Tasso -- whom Trond dearly hopes to "partner" with very shortly in a whole different way.

The "cop" part of Nicole tells her there's something bizarre about her gorgeous godlike teammate. But her "all-woman" side can't help wondering how great it would be to have a virile Viking in her bed. Trond has secrets galore, but Nicole feels certain she can dig them out -- and really get to the heart of this powerful, unnerving stranger whom she may be risking her soul to love.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:40 PM   #807
worktolive
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
On Sale @ Amazon $0.89

Kiss of Surrender by Sandra Hill
A Deadly Angels Book 02
I'd heard about these books, and they just sounded so cheesy, but then I read a review on the first book and it sounded over-the-top hilarious and tongue-in-cheek. When I checked out the listings, I saw that this one was on sale. I haven't read the sample yet, but if it's as funny as the quotes that I saw in the review, I will probably get it.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:06 PM   #808
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
I'd heard about these books, and they just sounded so cheesy, but then I read a review on the first book and it sounded over-the-top hilarious and tongue-in-cheek. When I checked out the listings, I saw that this one was on sale. I haven't read the sample yet, but if it's as funny as the quotes that I saw in the review, I will probably get it.
Anything Ms Hill writes has that flavor. She is known for humor. Her books aren't for everyone but if you are looking for something that is not to be taken serious and funny then give her books a try. I happen to like books that are crazy and hilarious to the point of ridiculous. I mean look at my Stephanie Plum addiction. Right now I am reading a paranormal that is like this called Beauty Dates the Beast by Jessica Sims. It had really bad reviews because some people just don't get this type of humor. I sure love it though. Nice stress buster for me.

We need a word for this type of romance writing....
Old 06-29-2013, 06:16 PM   #809
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

On Sale @ Amazon $0.99

Taken By Storm by Danelle Harmon
Heroes of the Sea - 3
Regency Romance
Originally published by Avon (1995)

Quote:
Ex-naval captain Colin Lord has had his fill of hot-headed adventure. Now, he wants nothing more than to put his tragic past behind him and pursue his career as a London veterinarian. Heiress Lady Ariadne St. Aubyn is on the run. She wants nothing more than to get the last of a rare breed of racehorse safely away from her wastrel brother before he and every reward hunter in England can catch her. But when the fiery noblewoman convinces the reluctant veterinarian to oversee the health of her equally temperamental stallion, both Colin and Ariadne find themselves caught up in a wild chase across Regency England in which love, passion — and the Fastest Horse in the World — are all part of the stakes. A treat for animal lovers everywhere!
Old 06-29-2013, 06:18 PM   #810
icedtea
elibrary love
icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, RIP Mini
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
She's an autobuy for me. Mine was a pre-order and Blue Flame is in there.
I believe Blue Flame as an included freebie was for pre-orders and early buyers (first week of release or so?) only. Maybe the description hasn't been changed to reflect that?
icedtea is offline   Reply With Quote