Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-05-2012, 11:45 AM   #1
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Google Books...

Can someone tell me if Google Books is now available in the UK on the T1 ?
And can any other reader get them ?

Because it all seems a bit confusing to me, what with a Google Books button that doesn't work etc....
I mean, I presume , when all's said and done, it's just yet another shop, but it puzzles me why Sony would want to "recommend" another supplier anyway, with the Reader Store up and running now, anyway.

What is the current state of play ?
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:47 PM   #2
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
In the US, you could only access the PD books at Google through the button on the T1, not the regular Google Bookstore.

Now they've put all their media - books, apps, games, etc - on Google Play and the link to Google on the T1 is no longer operable.

You can still access Google Play through your computer (at least in the US), but you can't download directly to the T1 anymore (unless you can through the browser - I haven't tried that yet).
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert