Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-15-2012, 06:20 AM   #1
Quelch
Groupie
Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch and iPad 4 hers, Samsung Galaxy S 8.4 mine !
How to change fonts and margins ?

Just got my nice new Nook Simple Touch about six hours ago

I've loaded fifteen eBooks using Calibre but I find the text a little to small and the margins to large

It looks as though half the screen isn't being used, that's an exaggeration but I'm sure you understand what I mean

I'd like to reduce the margins so as to use more of the screen and make the text a little bigger

It has software version 1.1.0

Any help appreciated
Quelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:02 AM   #2
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
When you are reading a book, briefly press the screen in the MIDDLE (not the edge). A menu will appear across the bottom. One of the entries is "Aa text". Press it and the text menu comes up. You can change the font size, font, margins, and line spacing. Click the "x" in the upper right corner to leave.

This is pretty basic stuff. You should read the Quick-start guide and the User's Guide. To do so, press the physical "n" button at the bottom of the Nook, choose "library" and you should find them there.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2012, 08:03 AM   #3
Ubermensch
Connoisseur
Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
When reading a book, tap on the center of the bottom of the page. A little bar with options will appear - text configuration is one or them.
Ubermensch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:20 PM   #4
Quelch
Groupie
Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch and iPad 4 hers, Samsung Galaxy S 8.4 mine !
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAH View Post
This is pretty basic stuff. You should read the Quick-start guide and the User's Guide. To do so, press the physical "n" button at the bottom of the Nook, choose "library" and you should find them there.
What, read the directions, I wasn't that desperate

Thank you both for your advice

I was so used to the Kobo my thinking was stuck on that track, all sorted now

Patiently waiting for my SkinDigital case to arrive, my wife is very happy with the Kobo case and I'm sure I'll be equally as happy with the Nook case
Quelch is offline   Reply With Quote