Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-30-2012, 12:21 PM   #1
wjt
wjt began at the beginning.

Device: none
Kobo touch e-reader

I find that several books in my Kobo are unreadable because many words have a single letter displaced, usually stuck to the end of the preceeding word, or separated by several spaces. When I check the book in PDF format on my pc, the text is properly formatted and readable. Has anyone a fix for this problem? Thank you. (Note: the books have been converted from PDF, etc, using calibre)
wjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:03 PM   #2
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
The problem is that they were converted from PDF, that never ends well. You can try reading them in PDF (The letters won't be messed up) but most ereaders treat PDF pages as images, so if you want the letters bigger you have to zoom in and maybe pan around a bit.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert