Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your choice.
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen 7 9.59%
Orthodoxy by G.K. Chesterton 5 6.85%
A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole 5 6.85%
The Spy Who Came in from the Cold by John le Carré 13 17.81%
A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin 10 13.70%
Black Rain by Masuji Ibuse 11 15.07%
Storm Front by Jim Butcher 7 9.59%
Hyperion by Dan Simmons 8 10.96%
Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov 7 9.59%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-15-2012, 08:32 PM   #91
JeremyZ
Addict
JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Kindle 2, Samsung Galaxy Stellar phone
I'm late to the party here, but why was a book that was not available in eBook format even put in the poll for this month? Isn't this an eBook reading site?

From skimming this thread, it seems that some folks will be discussing it when many of us will have only had it for two days. What normal, working person can read a book in two days?

FAIL.
JeremyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #92
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyZ View Post
I'm late to the party here, but why was a book that was not available in eBook format even put in the poll for this month? Isn't this an eBook reading site?

From skimming this thread, it seems that some folks will be discussing it when many of us will have only had it for two days. What normal, working person can read a book in two days?

FAIL.
The book that actually won is and was available in ebook format at the time of the voting. See the Run-Off Poll results HERE.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2012, 10:35 PM   #93
JeremyZ
Addict
JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Kindle 2, Samsung Galaxy Stellar phone
Wow, this new voting system is sure complex... Thanks for the tip! I'll go get Black Rain then, and just not read the thread when it comes out, hehehe.
JeremyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:41 PM   #94
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
So which book in the voting list is not available as an eBook?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:56 AM   #95
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So which book in the voting list is not available as an eBook?
The Spy Who Came in from the Cold by John le Carré is not available for the Kindle until January 18th.

That's why I was running all over Florida trying to find a copy. My library only had 1 in the county., and I wanted more than 2 days to read it. I eventually found it, but then didn't need it. Luckily, my hubby wanted to read it anyway, and my mom wants to read it as well.
Advert
Old 01-16-2012, 05:28 PM   #96
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
The Spy Who Came in from the Cold by John le Carré is not available for the Kindle until January 18th.

That's why I was running all over Florida trying to find a copy. My library only had 1 in the county., and I wanted more than 2 days to read it. I eventually found it, but then didn't need it. Luckily, my hubby wanted to read it anyway, and my mom wants to read it as well.
Actually, it is available as an eBook. It's available in the UK, Canada, Australia & New Zealand. Could be available elsewhere. But it's not available in the US until the 18th of January. But the problem with it is that it is part of a series and it's not the first book, so I would not bother reading it until ALL of the books in the series are available. I don't do partial series unless I get the books free from the library.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:19 PM   #97
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Actually, it is available as an eBook. It's available in the UK, Canada, Australia & New Zealand. Could be available elsewhere. But it's not available in the US until the 18th of January. But the problem with it is that it is part of a series and it's not the first book, so I would not bother reading it until ALL of the books in the series are available. I don't do partial series unless I get the books free from the library.
Jon? My very first sentence was "The Spy Who Came in from the Cold by John le Carré is not available for the Kindle until January 18th. "!!! Meaning, for US Kindle owners it is still not available. I'm not sure why you're "correcting" me.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:54 PM   #98
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Jon? My very first sentence was "The Spy Who Came in from the Cold by John le Carré is not available for the Kindle until January 18th. "!!! Meaning, for US Kindle owners it is still not available. I'm not sure why you're "correcting" me.
I'm not correcting you. I'm just clarifying since it was originally said (not by you) that one of the entries in the vote is not available as an eBook. I'm clarifying that it is available. It's just not available in the US yet and due to georestrictions, Americans can't buy it until the 18th.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:46 PM   #99
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
I'm not correcting you. I'm just clarifying since it was originally said (not by you) that one of the entries in the vote is not available as an eBook. I'm clarifying that it is available. It's just not available in the US yet and due to georestrictions, Americans can't buy it until the 18th.
Oh. Okay. I see.

Tags
book club, january 2011, vote