Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 09-28-2007, 10:45 AM   #1
fishcube
Connoisseur
fishcube began at the beginning.

Device: Archos 5
Palm/PDA readers?

Anyone use a Palm or PDA for reading books? Which model? opinions on the smaller screens?

Which models are best for reading ebooks? I also want something I can keep a checklist (collection) on and actually check off items etc. Looking for a cheap device.

SK
fishcube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 11:00 AM   #2
Robert Marquard
Delphi-Guy
Robert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheese

Device: iLiad, Palm T3
I like my Palm T3 with the Mobipocket Reader installed. The T3 has this nice slideout feature which is very handy for on/off. Ther are cheaper models which are as good though. Just take one with similar screen size. all the other features are not that important.
Robert Marquard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2007, 11:07 AM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishcube View Post
Anyone use a Palm or PDA for reading books? Which model? opinions on the smaller screens?

Which models are best for reading ebooks? I also want something I can keep a checklist (collection) on and actually check off items etc. Looking for a cheap device.

SK
check my web site for all sorts of data on ebook readers for PDA's. All PDA's ahve a todo list capability.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 11:30 AM   #4
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Marquard View Post
I like my Palm T3 with the Mobipocket Reader installed. The T3 has this nice slideout feature which is very handy for on/off. Ther are cheaper models which are as good though. Just take one with similar screen size. all the other features are not that important.
Similarly, I like my Palm T/X. I have the Sony Reader that I use most of the time but the Palm easily fits in my shirt pocket so it stays with me. I learned long ago to take advantage of spare moments to read, e.g. wait in a fast food line, waiting in the doctor's office. I also prefer the Mobipocket Reader SW.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:43 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Used a Palm T3 (and before that an M515 and before that a PalmPilot Professional) for years. Now that I have a Sony, I wouldn't go back to them for reading. The screen size is a big part of it, but the clarity of e-ink vs. LCD is more.

I'd suggest you try out one of the PDA readers (find a friend or a store that will let you) and see if you think it will do for you.

Whatever you do, don't look at an e-ink device unless you're pretty sure you don't want to go the PDA route -- e-ink may spoil you instantly.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert