Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: What 3rd Party Apps do you Use
Enhanced iPDF 20 74.07%
FBReader 15 55.56%
GNU Chess 5 18.52%
Dillo 8 29.63%
Stardict 4 14.81%
MP3 Jukebox 4 14.81%
KeePassX 4 14.81%
Mrxvt 13 48.15%
EmelFM2 6 22.22%
Java CBZ & DJVU Viewer 2 7.41%
x48 Calculator 2 7.41%
Comic Downloader 2 7.41%
AbiWord 6 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2007, 10:57 AM   #1
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
What 3rd Party Apps to you Use and Rely on?

I'm curious as to what apps people use on their iLiad. I look at the download numbers, but that doesn't really tell me how many people are using what program. I'd like to get some numbers, so I can have some direction and know how much time to spend on what.

Remember, it's a multiple choice Poll, so pick all that you use regularly.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 11:19 AM   #2
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
I love the enhanced PDF viewer. I havent tried the comic viewer, keypass and dillo yet. (Gotta do that later today )

I personally do not like Abiword. Stardict is too seperate from the other applications. (Anyone know, if we can connect the mobidicts to the enhanced pdf?)
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2007, 09:12 PM   #3
wagnerian
Musicology Student
wagnerian began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad, BlackBerry Bold 9000, Zaurus C1000
Enhanced ipdf, FBReader, and Dropbear are what I use regularly.
Stardict was kicked out by Mobipocket dictionaries.
I like Abiword, but I miss a Korean input method.
Dillo does not seem to support EUC-KR pages.
Sometimes mrxvt and emelFM2 are of help.
wagnerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 03:27 AM   #4
helch
mostly harmless
helch doesn't litterhelch doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad
Definitely dropbear. That's the most important for development on the device.
helch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 06:05 AM   #5
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

I forgot to put dropbear on there. Since it's in my reflash image, I take it for granted...
Advert
Old 08-08-2007, 06:15 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
What is "dropbear"?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 06:24 AM   #7
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

It's an SSH server. It allows you to remotely connect to your iLiad's OS across the network through the shell. It's pretty necessary if you do any development or testing.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:57 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Thanks!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:09 AM   #9
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
I forgot to put dropbear on there. Since it's in my reflash image, I take it for granted...
Mmh, you forgot fbshot [a screenshot program], too.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote