Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-11-2013, 09:45 PM   #256
Japes
Addict
Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350,Sony PRS-950,Pocketbook 360+,B&N Nook Simple Touch Reader
I haven't yet read through all 17 pages, so, this might already be answered, and, if so, I apologize. Please simply point me in the right direction if at all possible, but, I followed your instructions to a tee. What I want, however, is for the shelves functionality to kinda work like the "collections" function on my Sony PRS-950, where the tags (Mystery, Fiction, Suspense, etc), are each on a shelf. So, if I select "Suspense" all the books with "Suspense" in the tag will show up.

Is there a way to do this? Thanks again.
Japes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #257
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I'm not a tag user so have yet to experiment with those (although i know another person had a similar question, and I had promised to play).

Let me experiment and see
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #258
Japes
Addict
Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks. Greatly appreciate. Really is. The series thing has REALLY made my life easier, and, I can't thank you enough.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:09 PM   #259
Japes
Addict

Hey Peter, any luck with this?
Old 09-12-2013, 05:38 PM   #260
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Currently running on empty. Once it cools down should have more energy and oomph
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:34 AM   #261
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
If by tags you mean the tags metadata in calibre, you can use this. Simple add "tags" to the list of shelf columns in the driver configuration. I have done this is the past to prove it it works.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:49 AM   #262
Japes
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
If by tags you mean the tags metadata in calibre, you can use this. Simple add "tags" to the list of shelf columns in the driver configuration. I have done this is the past to prove it it works.
Any way you can tell me how to do this? Sorry but, I'm completely technologically inept.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:21 PM   #263
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Go to preferences>plugins
select the kobo touch driver
type tags in the box that says for automatic management.
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:32 PM   #264
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by salinda View Post
is there a way to translate it for dutch users? i have read this over and over and stil don't get it, my calibre is in dutch, and i am dutch too.
Okay, I'll have a go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
** NOTE: THIS ALSO APPLIES TO USE OF THE KOBO TOUCH EXTENDED DRIVER ***
Er is wat onduidelijkheid ontstaan over hoe de boekenplanken automatisch te organiseren bij de komst van het nieuwe Kobo besturingsprogramma van Calibre, versie 0.9.1.

Wat PeterT heeft opgezet is als volgt:

Besturingsprogramma / Calibre Configuratie
  1. Een nieuwe kolom toevoegen in Calibre
    • Open menu: Voorkeuren | Wijzig gedrag van Calibre | Voeg eigen kolommen toe
    • Selecteer Voeg een kolom toe ("plus" icoontje)
    • Selecteer Labels van de "Snel aanmaken" regel in het nieuwe venster
    • Bijvoorbeeld invullen in Opzoeknaam: plank en in Koptekst van kolom: Mijn Boekenplank
    • Controleer het onderste veld, er moet staan: Komma gescheiden tekst, zoals labels, weergegeven in de labelbrowser
    • Klik "OK", verplaats evt de kolom plek in de lijst met kolom namen, zoals gewenst. Klik dan "Toepassen" (links boven), en het voorkeuren venster kan gesloten worden. Nu heb je een kolom aangemaakt in Calibre, waarin je de titel van de boekenplanken kunt typen, per boek. Je kunt de boekenplanktitel ook in de metadata van het boek invullen, als het veld waar je het invult maar "Mijn Boekenplank" heet. Je kunt welke boekenplank titel dan ook kiezen.
  2. Configureer óf het Kobo Touch besturingprogramma óf het Kobo Touch Extended besturingsprogramma, afhankelijk van welke je gebruikt.
    • Open menu: Voorkeuren | Voorkeuren | Plug-ins (onderaan bij Geavanceerd)
    • Klik op het kleine > pijlte naast Apparaat verbinding plug-ins en zoek KoboTouch of Kobo Touch Extended, en klik er een maal op zodat deze geselecteerd is
    • Met KoboTouch of Kobo Touch Extended geselecteerd, klik op Plug-in aanpassen (onderaan in het midden)
    • Er is een het veld onder de tekst "Specificeer een label type kolom voor automatisch beheer". Typ daarin: #plank. (Als je in de stap 1.4 hierboven een andere naam hebt gekozen dan 'plank' moet je hier 'plank' vervangen door de door jouw gekozen naam. Zorg wel dag je # ervoor zet.) Als je wilt dat voor elke serie boeken ook een boekenplank wordt aangemaakt, typ dan #plank, series, ipv alleen #plank.
    • Selecteer de opties die jij wenst. Het wordt aangeraden te kiezen voor: Boekenplanken maken en Verwijder lege boekenplanken. De andere opties zijn niet specifiek voor de boekenplanken.
    • Klik op "OK", en dan op "Toepassen" (links boven), en het Voorkeuren venster kan gesloten worden. Nu is Calibre ingesteld om boekenplanken informatie naar de Kobo eReader te sturen. Nu moet je Calibre nog vertellen dát hij dat ook moet doen. Hoe, wordt uitgelegd in de volgende stappen.

Configureren van Calibres Metadatabeheer opties

• Open menu: Voorkeuren | Voorkeuren | Boeken naar apparaten sturen onder "Importeren/exporteren"
  • Bovenaan staat Metadatabeheer: selecteer in het menu daarnaast Automatisch beheer
  • Klik links boven op "Toepassen", en sluit het Voorkeuren venster.

Klaar! Veel plezier ermee.

Het vertalen van "automatisch veranderen van de boek titels om serie informatie toe te voegen" zal ik achterwegen laten.

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 09-13-2013 at 04:30 PM.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:27 AM   #265
bargainofoz
bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.bargainofoz seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Aura
Why isn't my shelves syncing correctly with the Aura?

On calibre it seems fine, but when I open the collections of my aura there shows 0 books in them.
bargainofoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:41 AM   #266
daveman
daveman began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi there,

I followed all the instructions and it is great. In the area for shelf info, I have set it as myshelves, authors (as I like everything sorted as directories (shelves) by author).

2 questions,

1 - books with multiple authors - can it be set so that all of the books are put into a shelf by the initial author e.g., Douglas Adams books under adams, douglas and Douglas Adams & Terry Jones book also under Adams, Douglas?

2 - books are showing up as "Adams,Douglas/Adams, Douglas - The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy - 03 - Life the Universe and Everything"
How do I get rid of the initial Adams,Douglas/ ?

thanks

Dave

Last edited by daveman; 09-23-2013 at 10:00 AM.
daveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:22 PM   #267
rxmom03
Addict
rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pixel 8, iPad Air, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Clara 2E
PeterT, you are awesome So easy to organize my new Aura. Thank you!

Mary
rxmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:28 AM   #268
Jukets
Jukets is a marvel to beholdJukets is a marvel to beholdJukets is a marvel to beholdJukets is a marvel to beholdJukets is a marvel to beholdJukets is a marvel to beholdJukets is a marvel to beholdJukets is a marvel to beholdJukets is a marvel to beholdJukets is a marvel to beholdJukets is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo glo
Hi. I cant find the answer.
I have created a list with some books. For example 30 of them written by one author. How can I name "Shelves" column all toghether? I thought I should select them all and name one, so claibre will name others 29. But not.
Jukets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:42 AM   #269
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Two ways that I can think of.

Select all the books and press the edit metadata button. That will open the bulk edit dialog. Any changes will apply to all of them.

You can also add books any type of tag like this by dragging the book to the entry in the tag browser. So, manual set it for one, and then drag the others to it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:52 AM   #270
Jukets
Jukets is a marvel to beholdJukets is a marvel to beholdJukets is a marvel to beholdJukets is a marvel to beholdJukets is a marvel to beholdJukets is a marvel to beholdJukets is a marvel to beholdJukets is a marvel to beholdJukets is a marvel to beholdJukets is a marvel to beholdJukets is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Two ways that I can think of.

Select all the books and press the edit metadata button. That will open the bulk edit dialog. Any changes will apply to all of them.

You can also add books any type of tag like this by dragging the book to the entry in the tag browser. So, manual set it for one, and then drag the others to it.
I found "Edit metadata in bulk" and "Custom metada". it works, thank you.
Jukets is offline   Reply With Quote