Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-16-2011, 12:47 PM   #1
atreyu
atreyu began at the beginning.

Device: generic 7' ebook reader
Keep folders structure

Hi,
I want to convert a lot of ebooks (pdf to epub) but I have my pdf books organized. The problem is that when I convert the output librarie gets everything mixed up.
Is there a way of converting but keep the same directories tree as the original files?
Thanx
atreyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:18 PM   #2
sourcejedi
Groupie
sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android
No. Calibre GUI doesn't support directory management, only tags inside Calibre (which can be exported in various interesting ways, but don't affect the master file layout).

You can use the command line to convert individual files outside of the GUI

http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/cli/ebook-convert.html

but you'd really want to write a script, to loop over all your PDF files.
sourcejedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:20 PM   #3
sourcejedi
Groupie
sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android
And that's assuming you really want to convert a large number of PDFs to EPUB. Most people, after trying to read the results, decide that it's a bad idea :-).
sourcejedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:59 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreyu View Post
I want to convert a lot of ebooks (pdf to epub) but I have my pdf books organized. The problem is that when I convert the output librarie gets everything mixed up. Is there a way of converting but keep the same directories tree as the original files?
sourcejedi already explained that the only way to do this to to use the command line tools and avoid adding your books to calibre. Also check out this sticky prior to asking further questions about PDF conversions, "Read this before Posting PDF Questions."

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote