Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-25-2010, 12:23 AM   #16
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_undergrad View Post
I'm using Calibre 0.6.38, and the scheme I posted has worked flawlessly.

My feeling is that in this version (0.6.38)
Let me try and understand......

........You reopened a 4 and a half month thread to give advice on a version of calibre you're using that is 5 and a half months out of date.

DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:19 AM   #17
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
I am trying to create two libraries and have upgraded to the latest Calibre, but it says 'move' not copy library into a different location. Does it remove items from the original location or should it say copy?
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:00 AM   #18
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
It is a "Move". If you want a copy you can simply do this at the OS level by copying the Calibre Library folder and all its contents to a new location. Afterwards point Calibre at the new location and it will detect that there is already a library there and not try to move the old one.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:18 AM   #19
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Cool, thankyou.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 05:16 PM   #20
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool delete a library

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
As of 0.7.9 multiple library management is much easier (you can switch/move libraries by clicking the calibre button on the toolbar)
kovid....i'm using 0.7.12 and cannot successfully delete a library, which i'd like very much to be able to do. could you help resolve this issue?

thanks
--
Alan
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 05:20 PM   #21
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There's no concept of "deleting" libraries. If you want to delete a library first use the button to select a new library. And then use windows explorer to delete the old library folder.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 05:29 PM   #22
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Interesting! I think this may have answered a question I hadn't asked yet, though it had occurred to me. I was wanting some way to separate genres, besides using tags. For example, I have 214 author listings in Cozies (or I will when I finish adding them to calibre). I also have approximately 211 author listings in Paranormal. I don't want them all together (I'm OCD, lol), so I was wondering about collections, but it seems I can now make multiple libraries, so I can make a library for each genre, and switch between them using the library button. Neat! Thanks, Kovid.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 05:32 PM   #23
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Interesting! I think this may have answered a question I hadn't asked yet, though it had occurred to me. I was wanting some way to separate genres, besides using tags. For example, I have 214 author listings in Cozies (or I will when I finish adding them to calibre). I also have approximately 211 author listings in Paranormal. I don't want them all together (I'm OCD, lol), so I was wondering about collections, but it seems I can now make multiple libraries, so I can make a library for each genre, and switch between them using the library button. Neat! Thanks, Kovid.
But Eww... with the tag browser you can easily see only 1 or the other category.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:56 AM   #24
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
But Eww... with the tag browser you can easily see only 1 or the other category.

BOb
LOL @ Eww....but Bob, I have about a million tags, and I don't want to go back and tag all my cozies "Cozy" and all my Paranormal (when I start adding them) as "Paranormal". Every time I download metadata it adds another batch of tags... I know I can get rid of them, but I'm already tired of cleaning the darn thing out every time I add a batch of books! Wouldn't multiple libraries just be easier? Or am I on the wrong track? If there's something I'm missing, by all means tell me now!

ETA: Ok, I had to leave for work before finishing my experimentation with this earlier. While yes you can move or add libraries with the calibre button on the toolbar, easily switching between them, not so much......darn. Guess it's back to tags, after all, Bob.

Last edited by phenomshel; 08-05-2010 at 02:03 AM. Reason: found out the answer to my question
Old 08-05-2010, 02:01 AM   #25
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Every time I download metadata it adds another batch of tags... I know I can get rid of them, but I'm already tired of cleaning the darn thing out every time I add a batch of books!
I chose to customize my Metadata download Plugins and unchecked Download tags in each plugin. That way I don't get any tags downloaded. The only tags on my books are ones I put there.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:02 AM   #26
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool let me try and explain better

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
There's no concept of "deleting" libraries. If you want to delete a library first use the button to select a new library. And then use windows explorer to delete the old library folder.
let me try and explain better. there's a 'library' icon, click on it and a small window opens up. in it i can choose which library to open. but through some odd occurence i have these extra choices that do not exist:

C:/Users/alan/ (gives an error that no library exists)
C:/Users/alan/eBooks/Calibre Library (x) (does nothing)
C:/Users/alan/eBooks/Calibre Library (2) (does nothing)

the first one never existed, the other two were deleted but none of them ever go away from being choices in the window.

thanks
--
Alan
Old 08-05-2010, 11:26 AM   #27
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That just remembers the last few choices. As you use new choices the old one get pushed off the list.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:33 AM   #28
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
C:/Users/alan/ (gives an error that no library exists)
C:/Users/alan/eBooks/Calibre Library (x) (does nothing)
C:/Users/alan/eBooks/Calibre Library (2) (does nothing)

the first one never existed, the other two were deleted but none of them ever go away from being choices in the window.
Hi Alan,

If you're feeling brave and you can use a text-editor, you can edit this "history" in your Calibre config directory.

[Preferences] - [Advanced] - Open Calibre config directory

The relevant file is history.plist

If you're careful you can remove the entries you don't want.

*** Backup the original first ***

P.S. I hope I'm not speaking out of turn.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:02 PM   #29
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I chose to customize my Metadata download Plugins and unchecked Download tags in each plugin. That way I don't get any tags downloaded. The only tags on my books are ones I put there.
Thanks for the tip, I just did the same.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:55 PM   #30
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool not at all out-of-turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Hi Alan,

If you're feeling brave and you can use a text-editor, you can edit this "history" in your Calibre config directory.

[Preferences] - [Advanced] - Open Calibre config directory

The relevant file is history.plist

If you're careful you can remove the entries you don't want.

*** Backup the original first ***

P.S. I hope I'm not speaking out of turn.
jackie....no, you're not at all out-of-turn as far as i'm concerned. your solution was perfect and much appreciated. by the way i used notepad++.

thanks!
--
Alan

Last edited by alansplace; 08-05-2010 at 05:57 PM. Reason: bad typing