Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-22-2013, 05:22 AM   #1
Shurup
Shurup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Shurup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Shurup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Shurup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Shurup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Shurup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Shurup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Shurup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Shurup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Shurup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Shurup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Android Kindle / Kobo Apps, Kobo Mini, Kindle PW
No Book Cover is displayed in the reading mode (on Calibre and Kobo Mini)

Well, this problem isn't very much Calibre specific, but rather the epub file is screwed and I'm trying to figure out how to add a cover so it displays on my Kobo or in Calibre reading mode.

The book was purchased from a kobo books store. As I have Calibre organizing my book library and transfer books to my Kobo, I downloaded the book with my computer and added it to the library.

A book cover was missing, I went and gogled the book's cover image and added it to the book via editing book's metadata.

The book cover is now correctly displayed in the Book Details on the right hand side of the screen, however when transferring the book to my Kobo or even trying to read it in Calibre reading window, the cover is still missing.

I re-downloaded the book from the book store and copied it straight to my device's root folder, but the cover is still missing.

So it's not really Calibre's fault the file is screwed, but I can't figure out how to make the cover display on my Kobo. It's a straight forward procedure and I've done it before a few times on other books with Download Cover button, calibre searched the web and found the right images, I chose one and clicked OK, it was that simple and it worked. At the moment my personal computer has no internet access so I added the cover with Browse button and pointing it to the cover's image file. Like I said it's shown in the book details, but not while reading the book.

What ma I doing wrong?
Shurup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:43 AM   #2
Shurup
Shurup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Shurup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Shurup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Shurup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Shurup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Shurup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Shurup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Shurup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Shurup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Shurup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Shurup is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Android Kindle / Kobo Apps, Kobo Mini, Kindle PW
Well, I did try to convert it using a Change cover option, It didn't work... I kept F**king around with it and converted the converted file once more and so cover stuck. It took 2 steps for some reason, but now the book's size is just 200+Kb instead of 560.
Shurup is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2013, 06:55 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
If the conversion is doing what you want, you can get the driver to send the covers over. Open the driver configuration and select both the "Upload covers" and "Always upload covers" options. When you send the book to the device, the driver will copy the cover images to the device as well.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:33 AM   #4
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurup View Post
Well, I did try to convert it using a Change cover option, It didn't work... I kept F**king around with it and converted the converted file once more and so cover stuck. It took 2 steps for some reason, but now the book's size is just 200+Kb instead of 560.
Use the modify epub plugin if all you want is change or add cover inside the book
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:06 AM   #5
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Maybe you need to check your device setup:

Preferences -> Advanced -> Plugins -> Device Interface Plugins -> Kobo Touch...

You need to select your device and activate the needed check boxes
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Aufzeichnen.JPG
Views:	663
Size:	165.8 KB
ID:	99929  
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert