Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-27-2012, 04:04 PM   #1
adrian59
adrian59 began at the beginning.

Device: ipod
Calibre Compatibility With Small Screen Netbook

Hello, I have a Toshiba NB100 netbook. Granted a bit old now but works well with updated RAM and a SSD drive.
Windows 7 desktop screen is set with the taskbar on autohide.
Even so, when editing the metadata, metadata download screens do not format on the screen correctly. The "ok" etc controls at the bottom of the screen are barely accessible - even when the page is "grabbed" and moved as high as possible.
Is there a way around this - besides buying a new netbook. Or does is require a software fix to allow a variable page size with a sliding side bar - the page size determined by screen size.

ALSO

When coverting books to different format - or doing most tasks for that matter - Calibre shows the number of jobs pending with a number on the bottom right of the screen. When you access the tasks being done Calibre provides a very nice list telling you what it is doing. However, it does not say what it is doing that task to - no file reference. Is there a way to include file details in the list? Extremely useful when doing multiple tasks ending up - sometimes - with a very long list.

Ther may well be very simple fixes for my issues and I would be grateful if somebody out there could point me in the right direction.

Adrian

ADDITION

Either these features were there all along and I didn't know how to access them or the Calibre 'Gods' have added them. All of a sudden these very useful features are now happening on my notebook.

Calibre gets better and better. Thankyou

Last edited by adrian59; 11-02-2012 at 09:46 PM.
adrian59 is offline   Reply With Quote