Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 09:44 PM   #121
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
Or just use any macro application?
AutoHotKey works fine in the application. The help file is not helpful, but I was able to make it do my action after about 15 minutes. And the action works in Sigil just fine.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:33 AM   #122
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@JMikeD - see the very first post and the previous page - there is a known packaging issue with the current beta for some MacOS users. It is intended to be fixed for the next release.
OK, I mis-read the comments to say that there was only one other report, and was throwing my 2 cents in.

Thanks.
Advert
Old 09-28-2012, 01:21 AM   #123
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
The reports function is also very nice to gain insight. Especially the overview of which styles are used. That is an easy way to clean up the stylesheet.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:32 AM   #124
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
The reports function is also very nice to gain insight. Especially the overview of which styles are used. That is an easy way to clean up the stylesheet.
Try selecting and right clicking the styles marked as unused. We expect to put that on Tool as well to make it easier to find. (And while you're at it, right click on a CSS file in the editor window )

The logic to find unused styles (the same used to allow you to click on a class or tag and jump to the matching style in CSS or inline) seems solid, but it won't handle very complex selectors. Its designed mainly for classes, and it won't be 100% perfect. So if you see unusual selectors with no usage marked, it may be the check is wrong not the document. Delete at your own discretion. If you do find any obvious cases its missing, please post.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:42 AM   #125
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool, all kind of neat tricks. The reformating is nice.

However, if I run the reports, select the 'Style Classes in CSS Files', selecting an unused style and right click does not do anything. No pop-up menu.

I do have a question though. In the right-click menu in the Book browser there is the option 'Open With...' as has been said. Is it possible to extend that? It would be nice if we could sent our stylesheet to the W3 web service for example. Just a thought, but probably difficult to implement.
Advert
Old 09-28-2012, 05:00 AM   #126
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@Toxaris - meme forgot that the right-click menu on Reports has been added this week, try it with the next beta build

As for Open With, not directly could it be used that way, no. In theory you could I think write a script or external executable which takes the path supplied, calls the web service and then displays its own message of the result. Other than that it would have to be baked into Sigil as a "Validate with W3C" option, which would be nicer. However that also means handling the issues of proxy servers etc that any application that tries to talk to the internet does. It won't be in the next build, but we will put it on the list for discussion.

Edit: meme has pointed out to me that there is an alternative to the web service of actually passing the text in a querystring and opening in a browser. I will take a look to see how well that might work, it would be an easier solution to implement with a new menu option as mentioned above...

Last edited by kiwidude; 09-28-2012 at 05:43 AM.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:29 AM   #127
Toxaris
Wizard

Cool!
Old 09-28-2012, 11:33 AM   #128
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
Try selecting and right clicking the styles marked as unused. We expect to put that on Tool as well to make it easier to find. (And while you're at it, right click on a CSS file in the editor window )

The logic to find unused styles (the same used to allow you to click on a class or tag and jump to the matching style in CSS or inline) seems solid, but it won't handle very complex selectors. Its designed mainly for classes, and it won't be 100% perfect. So if you see unusual selectors with no usage marked, it may be the check is wrong not the document. Delete at your own discretion. If you do find any obvious cases its missing, please post.
Wow! I had not tried this report.
<want more = maybe>
I can sort on used in Html file, but then the selector is not in alpha order
I can sort on Class selector

but what I would like is the ability to filter (used/not used) and have alphabetical by selector (by CSS if more than 1) or is the intent to be able to clean the CSS from here making much of my request moot?
Old 09-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #129
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Wow! I had not tried this report.
<want more = maybe>
I can sort on used in Html file, but then the selector is not in alpha order
I can sort on Class selector

but what I would like is the ability to filter (used/not used) and have alphabetical by selector (by CSS if more than 1) or is the intent to be able to clean the CSS from here making much of my request moot?
Click Class Selector, CSS File, then HTML file and they'll be sorted the way you want.

But yes, you'll be able to delete selected selectors from this report, and selected images from the image report. And if it tests ok you'll be able to do delete unused styles/images from the Tool menu directly. As kiwidude posted - I forgot its not in the first beta but was added since then - which seems like a long time ago Lots of change since then. We expect to be feature complete when the next beta comes out - this weekend, time permitting.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:14 PM   #130
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
Click Class Selector, CSS File, then HTML file and they'll be sorted the way you want.

But yes, you'll be able to delete selected selectors from this report, and selected images from the image report. And if it tests ok you'll be able to do delete unused styles/images from the Tool menu directly. As kiwidude posted - I forgot its not in the first beta but was added since then - which seems like a long time ago Lots of change since then. We expect to be feature complete when the next beta comes out - this weekend, time permitting.
thanks for all the changes
Old 09-28-2012, 12:37 PM   #131
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Just had a rather strange crash (Win 7 x64):
I was playing around in the preferences screen, on the code formatting page. I hovered for a tooltip on one of the options and as it was going to show up Sigil crashed. I've spent a few minutes trying to replicate it but couldn't manage. Anyone had similar?
Old 09-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #132
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@Serpentine - not an issue we have had reported, nor anything I have seen myself on the same platform. Please do keep trying to find a way to replicate it - share more details of what you recall clicking on prior to that in the dialog, etc. We will be putting a newer version of Qt in the next beta build, perhaps that may resolve it if it was a Qt issue. If you or anyone else can replicate it we can obviously try to do something about it. The only other thing that comes to mind is whether you have a dud font installed of some kind - calibre seems to have issues when that happens and being another Qt based app...
Old 09-28-2012, 02:49 PM   #133
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
How do I save my own regex in the Clip Editor?
I can add things there, works all great.
But once I close and restart Sigil they are all gone...
Old 09-28-2012, 03:08 PM   #134
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Hi

Search Editor

It looks like a very good idea.

However, I have problems to make it work. I did not succeed to fill up one single full entry with name, find and replace.

I tried with right-click, I tried with Control. I can insert text in the first column (name) but nothing in the find and replace columns.

Compiled on Debian AMD-64.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:11 PM   #135
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@Serpentine - not an issue we have had reported, nor anything I have seen myself on the same platform.
Yeah I'll give it another go, seems a really strange one; wouldnt worry too much tho

While I'm playing in the prefs area; Something I've noticed is that it could really do with a cancel button.
Closed Thread