Notices

Old 05-05-2012, 01:32 AM   #1
GeminiDomino
GeminiDomino began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
No storage card on "Folder Device"?

PC OS: Ubuntu

Since, for some reason, Cyanogen makes the NC report its drives backwards, which in turn makes Calibre get its directories wrong, I've been using the "Connect to Folder" function, instead. I've disabled the "Nook" device plugins, and verified that I am connected to the folder ("Connected Folder Device").

Browsing to the connected folder in the file manager works fine. But for some reason, when I try to use calibre to "Send to Device", I get the following error:

Quote:
calibre, version 0.8.50
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

The reader has no storage card in this slot.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 82, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 412, in _upload_books
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/usbms/driver.py", line 256, in upload_books
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/usbms/device.py", line 978, in _sanity_check
ValueError: The reader has no storage card in this slot.
Just to test, I disconnected the "Folder" device and instead connected to a directory on my desktop, removing possible USB weirdness from the equation, and I got the exact same message.
GeminiDomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:34 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
right click the send to device button and set the default send destination back to main memory
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2012, 02:01 AM   #3
GeminiDomino
GeminiDomino began at the beginning.

That did it. Thank you.

I wonder when I changed that...
GeminiDomino is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0.8.50, calibre, error, linux, nook color