Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-17-2010, 02:52 PM   #1
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Macworld: Turn iTunes Digital Booklets to iBooks

http://www.macworld.com/article/1521...?lsrc=rss_main

Quote:
iTunes Digital Booklets are the PDF files that come with with some iTunes albums, and include lyrics and cover art. Unfortunately, they’ve been of limited usefulness since you can’t really do much more than view them on the computer or organize them into a smart playlist. Come Monday, however, you’ll finally be able to load them onto an iOS 4-capable iPhone or iPod touch—and Apple has kindly released a Knowledge Base article detailing how to do so.
I forgot they even had those digital booklets.

Quote:
Unfortunately, iTunes LP and iTunes Extras content still doesn’t get the mobile treatment—the article says neither is compatible with the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
That is weird-iTunes LP didn't seem that useful anyways-but seemed a natural for the iPad.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 02:09 AM   #2
Daddy Warpig
Enthusiast
Daddy Warpig began at the beginning.

Device: iPad & iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
That is weird-iTunes LP didn't seem that useful anyways-but seemed a natural for the iPad.
So much so, when they were first announced, I assumed they were introduced for the (then speculative) Apple tablet. Why have them, otherwise? They seem pointless on the computer, doubly so on the TV. The iPad is their native environment, the one place they're perfectly suited for.
Daddy Warpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2010, 05:50 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
What is "iTunes LP"? I've not come across it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:33 AM   #4
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
What is "iTunes LP"? I've not come across it.
http://www.apple.com/itunes/lp-and-extras/

It was heralded as a return to the LP (i.e. buying the whole album instead of by song)...packaging up an album in a cool wrapper, with extras, etc...

The idea was pretty interesting (I used to love buying vinyl records with inserts, lyrics on the jacket, band info, etc...) but I don't know if they've really pushed it much. Plus, I don't think it will change very many people's buying habits, not even mine.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote