Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-28-2011, 05:39 AM   #1
danielcork1
danielcork1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Best appearance font

Bought the Kindle 3. Love it, but just find the font slightly grainy (I guess that's called either pixelation or low contrast?).

which is the best e-book reader for this? ie the one with the best resolution e-ink. For me, every feature would be secondary to this, as I can't quite feel I'm really 'reading' until the font looks normal even from close up!
danielcork1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:33 AM   #2
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielcork1 View Post
Bought the Kindle 3. Love it, but just find the font slightly grainy ...
I have bad news for you.

Kindle 3 and its fonts are among the very best out there, regarding the quality and clarity of font display.

I own PocketBook. It lets you install any font you wish (without any hacking or jailbreaking) so you have chance to select the one that bothers you the least. But the physical screen resolution is the same, so the font "pixelation" is the same. It can just be less glaring, if you select the font carefuly.

There is a new reader, with an e-ink screen that has noticeably better resolutuion - iRiver Story HD.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert