Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-25-2010, 10:00 AM   #1
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
Wink Why I'll pass on the Honda Civic

The Honda Civic is the worst truck I've ever seen.

You can't do any real work with it. Other trucks can move equipment, haul a load, plough a driveway, carry livestock. A civic can only transport one hog at a time - that's a real deal breaker for me

I want to be able to go camping with my truck.... With most trucks, you can roam the back country, ford streams, even pitch a tent in the back. Can't do that with a civic - damn Honda has locked down the frame

And don't even get me started on the sissy name. "Civic"! - it means "relating or belonging to a city". LOL!! What does that tell ya? Ha! Ha!

With all the missing features - I predict the civic wil be a one day wonder. Only 4 cylinders - compare that to a Dodge Ram. The fuel tank is only half the size of a Silverado. No pickup bed; no tailgate.

Sure - you can read in a civic, but only while sitting on the inside.

Yeah, I know Canadians buy more Honda civics than any other model. Sheep - let them drink their koolaid. If you ask me, the civic is really nothing more than a glorified compact. I'm hanging on to my money until a better truck comes along.

(no offence meant - just having a little fun )

Last edited by Victoria; 04-25-2010 at 10:26 AM.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:51 AM   #2
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Yeah. I was looking at the Mazda Miata and you can't even haul one pig it. Unless you're comfortable with how the airbag would work for a pig in the front seat. I can't imagine hauling lumber in the trunk, either.

(Although, true story - I was taking a woodworking class at the local tech college and needed to get wood to the shop and my wife was out of town with the truck, so I stuck some 8 foot boards in the front seat of our Miata and drove there with the top down. In December. In a snow storm.)
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2010, 11:03 AM   #3
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
(Although, true story - I was taking a woodworking class at the local tech college and needed to get wood to the shop and my wife was out of town with the truck, so I stuck some 8 foot boards in the front seat of our Miata and drove there with the top down. In December. In a snow storm.)[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean - we did some pretty amazing things with a vw beetle, back in the 70's
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 01:25 PM   #4
etienne66
Groupie
etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle 2, PRS-600 Black, PRS-650 Red, Adam w/ Pixel Qi(pre-ordered)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
I guess you are just trying to be funny, since I know Honda Civic isn't a truck.

I'm also not sure what this has to do with Apple, but don't let me spoil your party. I don't like Apple and the holier than though, Steve Jobs, anyway.

Have fun.
Etienne66
etienne66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:27 PM   #5
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
It's not only funny -- it's a brilliant commentary on _many_ of the folks who are complaining about they iPad. Particularly on a forum FOR Apple products.

I shoot Canon cameras. I don't go to Nikon forums and engage in conversations saying the Nikon blows -- like so many feel compelled to do here.

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2010, 02:30 PM   #6
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
It's not only funny -- it's a brilliant commentary on _many_ of the folks who are complaining about they iPad. Particularly on a forum FOR Apple products.
Lee
This is a forum about ebooks and ABOUT Apple Devices ..not FOR Apple devices
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:44 PM   #7
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
Go post on a Honda forum.

Just make sure the forum is about Hondas and not for Hondas.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:56 PM   #8
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
This is a forum about ebooks and ABOUT Apple Devices ..not FOR Apple devices
Does that really matter? I'm not interested in buying a kindle, so I don't go onto the kindle section to talk about how much I am not interested. I don't go to the irex section or the Sony section.

I find it lame that folks are interested only in telling others how UNinterested they are in Appke products, If they aren't for you, fine. Go spend your time engaging folks on what you ARE interested in.

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:25 PM   #9
Houndx
Groupie
Houndx doesn't litterHoundx doesn't litter

Device: A81 MID, Dell Streak
I can only imagine the reaction if I would go to the various subforums and start making topics about why I dislike eink. Great post, would read again.
Houndx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:32 PM   #10
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
Does that really matter? I'm not interested in buying a kindle, so I don't go onto the kindle section to talk about how much I am not interested. I don't go to the irex section or the Sony section.
Gees, Lee.... Maybe you should broaden your horizons a little.

Cults do what you are advocating: they make sure their converts communicate only with each other, lest exposure to other views sows doubt in their minds.

In reality, most who complain actually had high hopes for the iPad, but were disappointed, for various reasons.

Chill. It's an opinion, not blasphemy.

P.S. And yes, exactly the same thing happens in the other forums, whenever a new product appears.

Last edited by Sonist; 04-25-2010 at 04:34 PM.
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:07 PM   #11
etienne66
Groupie
etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle 2, PRS-600 Black, PRS-650 Red, Adam w/ Pixel Qi(pre-ordered)
As for me I normally stay out of the Apple forums as I don't have anything pertinent to say. I only stopped by when I read that odd title about Honda.

I do have to agree with Sonist about just chilling. I hadn't read other posts in the Apple section, but people do tend to get off topic within threads. I would have to guess Victoria felt that if she talked about something other than an Apple device the conversation would go off topic and then be mostly about Apple instead.

I may not like Apple myself, but I know better than to tell the Apple faithful that they are wrong about their product.

Etienne66
etienne66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:10 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Why is this in Apple Devices instead of the Lounge?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 07:59 PM   #13
JWLaRue
Addict
JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (blue, of course!)
If it's not obvious why the OP posted here, then I'm thinking that trying to explain it isn't going to make it any clearer.

-Jeff
JWLaRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:24 PM   #14
Houndx
Groupie
Houndx doesn't litterHoundx doesn't litter

Device: A81 MID, Dell Streak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonist View Post
In reality, most who complain actually had high hopes for the iPad, but were disappointed, for various reasons.
In reality, you'll find most who complain are vehemently anti-Apple and are the type of person who wouldn't have bought an iPad for $99 even if it laid an 8 ounce golden egg every nightbwhile you sleep.

The frustrating thing is that it's not possible to have a single conversation in this forum without one of these people popping in and offering their views on why the iPad sucks, no matter how off topic that is. Then, after someone points that out, another yahoo chiming in about "The cult of Apple".

But thanks for the oh so refreshingly original opinion you've offered. I'll look forward to seeing the same original opinion from you, and others, being posted in almost very topic about the iPad.
Houndx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:58 PM   #15
Trubu
Zealot
Trubu will become famous soon enoughTrubu will become famous soon enoughTrubu will become famous soon enoughTrubu will become famous soon enoughTrubu will become famous soon enoughTrubu will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 2, Nook, iPhone 3GS, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonist View Post
Gee, really? I never would have gotten that impression from the way you've gone on (and on, and on) about the iPad's deficiencies.

Don't get me wrong; it's fine to not like the iPad for whatever reason. But personally, when there's a product that I don't care for, I move on and keep looking for a product that I will like. You and others appear to have settled on a rather different course of action - posting the same repetitive complaints about something that you don't own and have no plans to purchase, ad infinitum. Seems like it would be efficient to just add a "I don't like the iPad and here's why" section to your sig.

To the original poster: win. And to those confused about what a post about Hondas is doing here: LOL.
Trubu is offline   Reply With Quote