Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-30-2011, 09:41 PM   #1
zandroid
zandroid began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Series with Multiple Authors

I have a series (Doctor Who) which has multiple authors. Currently, I have the order set up as Author/Series which works for everything except this one series. I don't want to change the Author name, but I also don't want to change it to Series/Series_index because I'd like to keep multiple series that belong to one author together. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to tackle this?

I'm aware that I could just throw the files on there manually, but I like the ability to have Calibre do it.

ETA: I should note that I'm not trying to change the file system in Windows. This is only when I send it to my Nook.

Last edited by zandroid; 12-30-2011 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Added eReader information.
zandroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:53 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by zandroid View Post
I have a series (Doctor Who) which has multiple authors. Currently, I have the order set up as Author/Series which works for everything except this one series. I don't want to change the Author name, but I also don't want to change it to Series/Series_index because I'd like to keep multiple series that belong to one author together. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to tackle this?

I'm aware that I could just throw the files on there manually, but I like the ability to have Calibre do it.

ETA: I should note that I'm not trying to change the file system in Windows. This is only when I send it to my Nook.
{series}/{series_index}-{title}
are the important order for a file system based sort
(you can only have it one way and have it work out)

{authors} is the last item as it does not affect the intended sort
I use a very complex (but simple ) system
books that have no series get assigned (by the template) to 00noseries, series (00 sorts first), and then by Author
Series get assigned as above

(OK, I have 2500 books on my SD card, so I have sub folders by Alphabet for either Series or Authors)

BTW Lucky you, I have a few dozen different series that have multiple Authors (or some with Author pairs)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
library, nook, series