Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-26-2010, 06:52 AM   #1
ac9ts
Enthusiast
ac9ts began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook
PDF to Word Converter - Free at vendor's website [OFFER ENDED]

Free for one day only at http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/anybizsoft-pdf-to-word/

I have nothing to do with this product but will try it out on reformating some PDFs I have so they look better on my Jetbook. YMMV.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-07-2010 at 07:59 AM.
ac9ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:38 PM   #2
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
I was wondering about this one myself. Have you tried it out yet?
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2010, 07:22 PM   #3
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
I am trying it out. But it doesn't seem to work lol. I am trying to test it. I input the pdf file and then hit convert (status flashes: waiting) and then nothing happens. It just sits there lol. PDF has no drm btw in case someone makes the suggestion that its drm'd.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:28 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
This is a repeat giveaway and I did try it when it was first given away. It's not worth the install.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:46 PM   #5
alvico
Addict
alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
Exclamation

Here's a much better option: www.pdftoword.com

No downloads required, it's free and it works a treat.
alvico is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2010, 03:16 AM   #6
DavidSmith
Banned
DavidSmith began at the beginning.

Device: none
I lost the day but recently I noticed that it announced PDF to Word Converter is free in Feb. I have got one and tested it. I do say that it may be the best free PDF to Word Converter I have ever used. Support batch/partial/ conversion and encrypted PDF Conversion. Here is the details.

Spam link removed

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 02-07-2010 at 07:35 AM.
DavidSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:17 AM   #7
DavidSmith
Banned
DavidSmith began at the beginning.

Device: none
I can not say what I posted,Why?
DavidSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:20 AM   #8
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSmith View Post
I can not say what I posted,Why?
Unfortunately your first post ended up in the moderation queue (Maybe because of the link). We had to approve it first. Sorry for the inconveniences...
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:35 AM   #9
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
DavidSmith was a spammer, advertising for the same pdf conversion tool everywhere, which is why he got caught.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:59 AM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I'll edit the title to reflect the current TITLE status of the OP.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:02 AM   #11
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Tried it and it's okay

I tried it and it worked okay - about as well as Calibre and was able to convert one (non-DRMed) PDF that gave me an error in Calibre. So my conclusion is that it's worth it for free. The free offer is indeed good for the month of Feb so even if this guy is a spammer, I benefitted from his message. I had already downloaded the trial version previous to seeing his post but that only converted 3 pages, hardly good enough for an evaluation!

I don't like reading PDFs on my jetBook Lite so prefer to convert to RTF (or Word), edit out the junky stuff and re-save.
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote