Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-01-2018, 12:53 AM   #1
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Removing "old" KUAL, any news

Hi all,

I apologize - expecially to Knc1 - but I can't find the thread any more, despite I had set a subscription on it...
A few months ago, with a firmware update, the booklet version of KUAL became invalid.
No problem as the "other" version was (and is) still perfectly working, it was just a matter of installing it.
The only problem was that, for some reason I can't remember but you surely know, it was not possible to remove the old KUAL from the book list on PW3 menu, for some reason it lasted on Kindle's internal db and wouldn't go away.

I remember that Knc1 was working on a fix for this and he should have warned us when/if he was able to work it out.
I would like to know if a solution has eventually been found and a link to that, if possible. I tried but there are so many threads about KUAL that I can't identify the right one.

Thanks!
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 04:31 AM   #2
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
Those @knc1 's musings were posted in main KUAL thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=1857

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=1862

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=1875

There was no further development since that attachment was removed...
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2018, 04:35 AM   #3
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Uhm... Read those (thanks!!!), admit that I didn't understand them 100%, but if I am getting it right, that did not really work and we have had no news ever since, right?
Old 06-01-2018, 06:13 AM   #4
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Yet we have no tool to remove "old KUAL book" record from sql-database, but you can hide it through terminal:
Code:
cd /var/local
sqlite3 cc.db 'update entries set p_isvisibleinhome=0 where p_location="/mnt/us/documents/KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2"'
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 06:23 AM   #5
Ruskie_it
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
Yet we have no tool to remove "old KUAL book" record from sql-database, but you can hide it through terminal:
Code:
cd /var/local
sqlite3 cc.db 'update entries set p_isvisibleinhome=0 where p_location="/mnt/us/documents/KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2"'
Okay, that will do, thank you very much!
Advert
Old 06-02-2018, 08:47 AM   #6
glimm
glimm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
Code:
cd /var/local
Thank you so much Worked for me.
glimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 08:57 AM   #7
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskie_it View Post
- - - - -
I remember that Knc1 was working on a fix for this and he should have warned us when/if he was able to work it out.
I would like to know if a solution has eventually been found and a link to that, if possible. I tried but there are so many threads about KUAL that I can't identify the right one.

Thanks!
Nothing "Kindle" has happened here since what was posted.

Just making the KUAL ghost invisible should do the trick for people who do not like the "hide in an unused collection" suggestion.

What little time I have had, has been taken up with "fighting city hall" -
They have some complaints about how long I keep my grass.
No, I didn't make that up, I really am trying to fight city hall and the situation has me so stressed out I can't think straight.

Hmm...
"can't think straight" ...
Maybe if I get a "doctor's note" from my psychiatrist ...
Right! Directly after I get "Kindle addiction" recognized in DSM-5
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 09:55 AM   #8
T1t0
T1t0 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 7th Generation
I know that this is an old thread, but it describes my problem.

I'm using a kindle 7,the basic version, I think it's KT2. I jailbreaked it some years ago. But because of an automatic firmware upgrade the jailbreak was removed.

After that the Kindle wasn't used for a long time. The last firmware for the Kindle was installed automatically, it is 5.12.2.1 or something like that.

With the new found method I now jailbreaked the Kindle again and installed the kual booklet version as it is described in the tutorial.

Now I have the following "books":
Kindle Feedback: I already found out that thus is normal an can not whether should not removed.
Kual (new): I can start that tool, it works
Kual (old): The tool can not be started, it doesn't work. Can I remove it?
T1t0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kual, remove