Notices

Old 11-21-2011, 08:00 AM   #1
antproof
antproof began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Calibre won't send to iPad

Hello,

Using Calibre 0.8.27 on Macbook Pro w/ Lion 10.7.2 and sending to iPad 2

I am having trouble using the "send to device" function in Calibre. I get a message "error communicating with device" and the following message.

Any hints on what's going on here?

Thanks in advance.

calibre, version 0.8.27
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

Command failed:
OSERROR: -50
COMMAND: app(u'/Applications/iTunes.app').sources.ID(53757).library_playlists.I D(54862).file_tracks.ID(76871).name.set(u'Crusade: ')

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 81, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 405, in _upload_books
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/apple/driver.py", line 1061, in upload_books
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/apple/driver.py", line 2774, in _update_iTunes_metadata
File "site-packages/appscript/reference.py", line 499, in __call__
CommandError: Command failed:
OSERROR: -50
COMMAND: app(u'/Applications/iTunes.app').sources.ID(53757).library_playlists.I D(54862).file_tracks.ID(76871).name.set(u'Crusade: ')
antproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:11 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Can we assume you have read the FAQ in i-devices?
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....-iphone-itouch
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2011, 10:14 AM   #3
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You're using the unsupported direct connect mode. You need to use the 'Connect to iTunes' method described in the iDevices sticky in this sub-forum.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:03 PM   #4
antproof
antproof began at the beginning.

Thanks, I remember this now. The configurations must have been reset during the last upgrade as this worked directly before.
antproof is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, device error, ipad