Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-20-2011, 12:25 PM   #1
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Holland also finaly got T1's!!

Hello everybody,

Finaly, Holland also got T1's!
I received mine today and I'm looking foward to joining this forum and asking your help .
I'm going to enjoy my reader now
Joy736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:51 PM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Does the online shopping work?
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2011, 01:43 PM   #3
grothauu
grothauu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3
From Germany: I cannot believe it. The Dutch are first at the campsite and now also with the sony. Thank God that we have soccer... :-)
grothauu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:36 PM   #4
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Does the online shopping work?
Unfortunately, I couldn't tell you. Since I'm not good with computers I have no clou how to conect to wifi
Old 10-20-2011, 02:39 PM   #5
Joy736
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by grothauu View Post
From Germany: I cannot believe it. The Dutch are first at the campsite and now also with the sony. Thank God that we have soccer... :-)

Well, you Germans destroy our beaches with your holes
We've got to do something back

And now on topic: I absolutely love this device so far
Advert
Old 10-20-2011, 05:28 PM   #6
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by grothauu View Post
Don't worry. As long as you still have your beach towels, you will still get the chairs at the pool reserved, the whole day long, while you yourself are not at the pool, but at the beach.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:17 PM   #7
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Do you actually use the English - Dutch dictionary?
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:32 PM   #8
Joy736
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
Do you actually use the English - Dutch dictionary?
Yes I do, I love that feature!
I read a lot of Englisch books
Old 10-21-2011, 08:03 AM   #9
bibahbuzemann
Addict
bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy736 View Post
Hello everybody,

Finaly, Holland also got T1's!
I received mine today and I'm looking foward to joining this forum and asking your help .
I'm going to enjoy my reader now
Dammit! I ordered it September first on sony.de. I wasn't aware I could have ordered it any time before that. All I get is "... whenever the article is available AGAIN we will ship it forthwith...".

Sometimes(I can't help checking) it says "Payment has been consummated", but then it reverts back to "..whenever..available...etc". So they have had plenty of time using MY money.

Looking at the Hollandish sony-site I see "Verzending eind oktober" so I'm not gonna try getting it faster from there, but damn, is Joy736 one lucky duchperson.

Sony did say that they would be shipping it "beginning of Oktober" when I orderd it, but I guess that's kinda like "when hell freezes over" or "when the Duch win the world cup"

Last edited by bibahbuzemann; 10-21-2011 at 08:23 AM.
bibahbuzemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:21 AM   #10
bibahbuzemann
Addict
bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Don't worry. As long as you still have your beach towels, you will still get the chairs at the pool reserved, the whole day long, while you yourself are not at the pool, but at the beach.
NOT TRUE! I keep going back to the pool all day long because that's where the bar is, and service ain't what it used to be.

I do admit it's kinda practical(cynically amusing) to be able to check up if anyone dared moving the towel on the(unused) pool bench, every half hour or so.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:50 AM   #11
thijsvk
thijsvk began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-T1
Yup, ordered mine yesterday, received it today.
Love it so far, internet works quite well, haven't checked out the store yet, mostly because I don't buy books very often, plenty of other places to get books from.
It's nice and fast, pageturns are really fast, and the image is really crisp. Zooming works nice too,even PDF's are not a problem to use on this reader.

Why are the Germans happy about the football? Last time I checked we were ranked higher than them...
thijsvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:04 PM   #12
bibahbuzemann
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thijsvk View Post
Yup, ordered mine yesterday, received it today.
Love it so far, internet works quite well, haven't checked out the store yet, mostly because I don't buy books very often, plenty of other places to get books from.
It's nice and fast, pageturns are really fast, and the image is really crisp. Zooming works nice too,even PDF's are not a problem to use on this reader.

Why are the Germans happy about the football? Last time I checked we were ranked higher than them...
"Reserveer nu, Verzending eind oktober" which I just got of the hollandish Sony site obviously translates to: "Yup, ordered mine yesterday, received it today."

I'm not gonna let you troll me, so about football: How many more times have Hollanders won the world cup, or the european cup? I forget, have hollanders EVER won a world cup?
Old 10-21-2011, 05:36 PM   #13
thijsvk
thijsvk began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-T1
I ordered my T1 from Bol.com, sort of like the Dutch version of Amazon.
However, it seems they are experiencing delivery problems atm, or rather, the black one seems to have been sold out.

We've won the European Cup once in '88, World Cup never, runners up last time.
Financial companies have a saying here; past results are no guarantee for the future :P
thijsvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 05:39 PM   #14
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
You have beaches in Holland?

/shivers from the cold
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 05:50 PM   #15
Grawl
Grawl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by thijsvk View Post
I ordered my T1 from Bol.com, sort of like the Dutch version of Amazon.
However, it seems they are experiencing delivery problems atm, or rather, the black one seems to have been sold out.
When did you order yours? I ordered mine on the 18th (black T1) and got it in the mail today.

There are delivery problems with the accessories though. Which is kinda annoying, because I want to read in the dark too.
Grawl is offline   Reply With Quote