Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 12-15-2009, 10:06 AM   #1
TNT-vip
TNT-vip began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3G
Unhappy Noob Q: ePub to pdf lost language signs (Polish)

I have started to use calibre only like 2 hours ago, already have changed all my library from pdf to ePub (im using iPhone with Stanza reader).

However i have lost one special character from all my books: ż Ż

could you help me, explaining how should i export my books or how to set calibre in settings not to loose language signs ?

ps. rest of language signs are in my ePub (śćąę), lost only „ż”
TNT-vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:49 AM   #2
edembowski
Zealot
edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Nook Color, iPad
I'd suggest that you post a bug report (with samples) to the calibre web site. Be as detailed as you can.

- Ed
edembowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2009, 08:45 PM   #3
Semp
Enthusiast
Semp doesn't litterSemp doesn't litter

Device: EZReader packet pro
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT-vip View Post
I have started to use calibre only like 2 hours ago, already have changed all my library from pdf to ePub (im using iPhone with Stanza reader).

However i have lost one special character from all my books: ż Ż

could you help me, explaining how should i export my books or how to set calibre in settings not to loose language signs ?

ps. rest of language signs are in my ePub (śćąę), lost only „ż”
This is Adobe problem we must wait for fix from Adobe
Używaj innych formatów niestety z EPub jest problem w wielu językach praktycznie prawidłowo wyświetla tylko angielski
Semp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:21 AM   #4
Sullivan
Connoisseur
Sullivan began at the beginning.

Device: none
interesting, I did not think of this as an Adobe problem, I thought it was the buggy firmware on PRS-505. any idea when this is scheduled for a fix?
Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:49 AM   #5
edembowski
Zealot
edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Nook Color, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semp View Post
Używaj innych formatów niestety z EPub jest problem w wielu językach praktycznie prawidłowo wyświetla tylko angielski
OK, the only thing I can say therre is "Nie rozumiem polskiego"!

- Ed
edembowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2010, 09:37 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullivan View Post
interesting, I did not think of this as an Adobe problem, I thought it was the buggy firmware on PRS-505. any idea when this is scheduled for a fix?
It may not be a bug. Could be that the default ADE font just doesn't have the character you want to display. Try an embedded font that you know has this character to be sure. If it still doesn't display, then it could be the conversion from the PDF.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote