Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-30-2009, 03:22 PM   #1
myle00
Connoisseur
myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Palm Treo
Moving library folder outside calibre - than change within.

I had a question about moving my library folder. My books currently add up to >70 gb and since I have finally gotten a extra hard drive I decided to move my library to the new drive. I tried to do it once within calibre - just point it to the new folder and let calibre copy. However, after running for 1.5 days it slowed down to a trickle at 83%. Unfortunately, the stupid Windows decided in the middle of the night that I needed an update so it installed an update and automatically restarted my computer losing all the work from calibre.

So I decided to copy the library folder by myself - which took only 2 hours - and than in calibre change it so that it points to the new folder. From the forms I found that --migrate might work, but here is what happened when I tried pointing it to the copied folder.
Code:
C:\Users\xxxxxx>calibre-debug.exe --migrate "C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\D
esktop\Books\metadata.db" "D:\Books\"
Upgrading database from version: 7
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "debug.py", line 178, in <module>
  File "debug.py", line 165, in main
  File "debug.py", line 83, in migrate
  File "calibre\library\database.pyo", line 808, in __init__
  File "calibre\library\database.pyo", line 735, in upgrade_version7
sqlite3.OperationalError: no such trigger: fkc_delete_books_series_link
Is there an easy way of doing this or do I have to copy it within calibre?

Thanks,
Matt
myle00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:16 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
just go to the preferences and change the path to point to the new location.

or launch calibre as

calibre --with-library \path\to\new\folder

--migrate is meant for migrating old style calibre databases to new ones
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2009, 05:44 PM   #3
myle00
Connoisseur
myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Palm Treo
Thanks, I didn't know that if it was already copied, calibre won't copy the library!
myle00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:53 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Basically, if it detects a library at the new location, it willuse it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:09 AM   #5
meandher57
Enthusiast
meandher57 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Moving Calibre Library

I KNEW there had to be a way to do this...I am also moving my Calibre file to an external hard drive... but I don't see where in Preferences is the option to change the target storage file. I am probably missing something obvious, but would appreciate a gentle nudge in the right direction.
meandher57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2011, 07:03 AM   #6
XisiX
XisiX began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
You're right, it IS so obvious that it might have been overlooked sometimes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CalibreLibrary.png
Views:	1631
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	75502  
XisiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:08 AM   #7
meandher57
Enthusiast
meandher57 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
So.... copy the library over to the new drive.... then choose THAT library to work with?

And presumably I could safely delete the current library? Oh, nevermind... I see the options that are available now. Thanks for the nudge!

Last edited by meandher57; 08-16-2011 at 07:10 AM.
meandher57 is offline   Reply With Quote