Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-02-2013, 10:35 PM   #1
kiwi_fruit
kiwi_fruit began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, nexus 7
searching words within books in my device library

Hi all,

I have a question regarding searching for text within books on my device.

I have a nexus 7 with Aldiko app installed, while I can search for a word within a book, I cannot do a general search for all the books in my library (some are in epub and others in pdf format). Is there an android app that does that?

if this is not an option available with an ereader app, I would be happy to use a separate android app. I have found "searcher" and it works but it supports pdf only (i would need epub and pdf both)

many thanks in advance!
kiwi_fruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:53 PM   #2
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
One way could be to convert the books to plain text, and use grep to search in the text files. There are some grep apps. For instance aGrep. Use calibre to convert the books to text.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert