Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-05-2011, 03:58 PM   #1
jswinden
Nameless Being

Any Kobo Touch covers available yet?

This has probably been asked already but I couldn't find any info. I've searched the Borders.com and KoboBooks.com websites and don't see any covers listed for the KT.

I guess there are probably some third party covers made generically or for other readers. For example, the Sony 650 is only slightly larger. But of course Sony 650 covers are pretty rare these days and it would have to be a third party one as Sony uses a proprietary clasp.

Also, it is unfortunate that they put the KT On/Off switch right where a cover strap will exist on many third party covers.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:03 PM   #2
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/kobo-accessories/

KT covers listed.
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2011, 04:12 PM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by siraks View Post
That link seems to be broken.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:28 PM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
That link seems to be broken.
I had problems too. For some reason you have to keep refreshing to get it to take.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:42 PM   #5
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

maybe cause i'm in canada it likes to work for me on the first try ?? lol.
i dunno, it is a .ca so who knows.
Advert
Old 07-05-2011, 04:45 PM   #6
jswinden
Nameless Being

I finally got it to load, but it is one seriously screwed up website. Clicking on any of the covers goes to a mostly unformatted page that makes you scroll and scroll to get to the product info. Maybe they are updating the site and we are just catching them in progress.

At any rate, anyone know of any other covers?
Old 07-05-2011, 05:23 PM   #7
siraks
use the force

chapters is the main seller here in canada and i've never had poor formatting on their site.
i use ie 9, firefox 4 and the newest chrome and it all looks fine to me.

are you using an older browser or maybe in compatibility mode?
Old 07-05-2011, 05:47 PM   #8
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siraks View Post
chapters is the main seller here in canada and i've never had poor formatting on their site.
i use ie 9, firefox 4 and the newest chrome and it all looks fine to me.

are you using an older browser or maybe in compatibility mode?
I have the same formatting problem. Latest version of Firefox. I have to keep refreshing in order for it to display correctly.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:58 PM   #9
jswinden
Nameless Being

I'm running IE9, latest FireFox, latest Opera and all were having issues. At first I was getting a blank page, but no "cannot load" message. It finally started loading but still had issues. The last time I tried it seemed to be working okay. So perhaps it was just a server glitch, or maybe the CIA was inside snooping around.

Those covers look nice, but does anyone else carry them, preferably a USA company as that would be less on shipping and probably less on the cover as well? I would also like to know what the inside of the cover looks like to determine if I want it.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:01 PM   #10
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
... I would also like to know what the inside of the cover looks like to determine if I want it.
Yeah, I was surprised there are no pics of the device inside the cover. I guess many are able to buy theirs in person.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:10 PM   #11
SCION
Séduisant

Guess I'll keep using my M-Edge cover made for the Sony 700. Paid around $15 for it when I had my Sony 600 for less than a week. Hope other covers become available soon. Preferably something with a clasp to keep it closed.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:45 PM   #12
portablejim
Enthusiast
portablejim has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo Touch Black
My Kobo Touch with cover from Borders.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-07-06 08.38.15.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	73872   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-07-06 08.38.29.jpg
Views:	484
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	73873   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-07-06 08.39.14.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	73874  
portablejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:54 PM   #13
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by portablejim View Post
My Kobo Touch with cover from Borders.com
Looks nice. It is way to long though for my tastes. Was that cover made for the NookColor or the Kindle 3?
Old 07-05-2011, 07:22 PM   #14
SCION
Séduisant

This one is very unique! Has a woven elastic closure. Available in Black, Light/Dark Brown.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/76800951...=all&ga_facet=

I think I'll get it. Would look great on a nightstand or desk. Cool to walk around with. Very bookworm like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	il_570xN.248160692.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	73875  

Last edited by SCION; 07-05-2011 at 07:25 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:32 PM   #15
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
This one is very unique! Has a woven elastic closure. Available in Black, Light/Dark Brown.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/76800951...=all&ga_facet=

I think I'll get it. Would look great on a nightstand or desk. Cool to walk around with. Very bookworm like.
Oooh I saw those covers the other day. Very cool idea! I ended buying a cover for my Kobo from my fave seller.
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote