Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 04-01-2010, 10:05 PM   #1
wallyworld
wallyworld began at the beginning.

Device: Nook (?)
New Nook + time settings

Just bought my Nook today and it works flawlessly. VERY easy set up, and it came with the 1.2 software already installed. I have been doing all I can with it today and it hasn't hung up once, even downloaded the Alice in Wonderland screen savers.

One question....When I go to display settings, I can only choose Central (Timezone I live in) Standard time. This has the time one hour too early. Is there any way to select central for Daylight savings time or, better yet, have it set the time to the local 3G time?

Thanks in advance.

Mark
wallyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:19 AM   #2
Schmots
Connoisseur
Schmots began at the beginning.

Device: nook, prs-505, iphone
It doesn't have all the proper daylight savings time info. I had to set my time zone to one hour over to get proper display. Annoying, but simple.
Schmots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:24 AM   #3
wallyworld
wallyworld began at the beginning.

Device: Nook (?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmots View Post
It doesn't have all the proper daylight savings time info. I had to set my time zone to one hour over to get proper display. Annoying, but simple.
Thanks for the response. I have changed the time also, but I am glad to hear I am not missing an obvious setting or way to change it. I have been accused of missing the obvious before.

wallyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:20 AM   #4
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
May I chime in?

My Nook time is now 4 mins too fast. How to make it accurate? I'm outside US and has wifi and gprs/edge working with my local carrier. How Nook syncs its time? I don't think it syncs time with my local carrier because my mobile phone time is accurate.

(ps. Though I can use busybox command to set my time, I wish to know Nook could sync its time with mobile phone carrier or internet time via wifi router)

Last edited by bthoven; 04-05-2010 at 01:03 AM.
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 05:48 AM   #5
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by bthoven View Post
May I chime in?

My Nook time is now 4 mins too fast. How to make it accurate? I'm outside US and has wifi and gprs/edge working with my local carrier. How Nook syncs its time? I don't think it syncs time with my local carrier because my mobile phone time is accurate.

(ps. Though I can use busybox command to set my time, I wish to know Nook could sync its time with mobile phone carrier or internet time via wifi router)
I had the same problem. After turning the Nook off and on again the time was correct. It seems the Nook only sets the time when starting up.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:38 AM   #6
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
My clock won't reset to the right time after I reboot my Nook!

It was strange. As I said, my clock is too fast by 4 minutes.

After I used two busybox commands to set date/time and hardware clock as stated in

http://nookdevs.com/Tips_and_tricks#..._Date_.26_Time

the clock stayed at the latest time for 4 minutes until the internal clock catch up; and then the time display is running again. I turn if off and on again and the clock is still correct.
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote