Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-31-2013, 05:32 AM   #421
akikara
Enthusiast
akikara began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
You mean put file to main directory then update my kindle thing? It look like works but I tried to install Usbnetwork hack. updated my kindle, restarted device but unable to connect anyway from my ubuntu : (
akikara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:21 AM   #422
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by akikara View Post
You mean put file to main directory then update my kindle thing? It look like works but I tried to install Usbnetwork hack. updated my kindle, restarted device but unable to connect anyway from my ubuntu : (
Now follow the directions included with the USB networking to enable it.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:54 AM   #423
ebooksfans
ebooksfans is faster than slow light.ebooksfans is faster than slow light.ebooksfans is faster than slow light.ebooksfans is faster than slow light.ebooksfans is faster than slow light.ebooksfans is faster than slow light.ebooksfans is faster than slow light.ebooksfans is faster than slow light.ebooksfans is faster than slow light.ebooksfans is faster than slow light.ebooksfans is faster than slow light.

Device: kindle 3
boot kubrick from harddisk use grub4dos

1.grub4dos http://code.google.com/p/grub4dos-ch...downloads/list
2.save kubrick live cd as kubrick.iso
3.use grub to boot kubrick iso

map --mem /kubrick.iso (hd32)
map --rehook
root (hd32)
chainloader

4.fdisk -l
find disk and partion where you save kubrick.iso
5.mount
mount -t fat32 /dev/sdax /media/usbdisk
mount -o loop /mnt/usbdisk/kubirck.iso /media/cdrom
mount -o loop -t squashfs /media/cdrom/kubrick/JAVA.SFS /mnt/java
sh autostart.sh

debian can be install from harddisk.
can autostart.sh add the function to search kubrick.iso and mount it.
ebooksfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:19 AM   #424
shurikh
shurikh began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Look, I did it as well, but downgraded to 5.2.1, because even after jailbreak can't remove ads and lot of application works well on 5.2.1 and not works on 5.3.2.1
shurikh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:33 AM   #425
shadowfang
shadowfang began at the beginning.

I can't succeed with Kubrik on my problem Kindle Touch.
It shows flashing the diags partition and never proceed forward. I tried several times and waited for it several minutes but with no luck.

Any advice how to diagnose why it doesn't proceed?

The problem with my Kindle Touch is the following:
Sometimes it is hanging and the screen freezes to the last image shown. It is in some busy loop as it slowly drains the battery. I can't even fix it with a restart except in a few cases.
The freeze usually happens after the screen was locked ( by screen saver, connected with USB to computer ) but once even on page turn.
Usually taking the battery restarts it and I can work with it but not every time. Some restarts are not successful.

I hope this is a software issue, but it behaves too strange and maybe a hardware.
shadowfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:04 AM   #426
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Note: The screen is **always** "frozen to the last image shown" - -
That is how e-ink works, it is "off" all of the time except when changing the display.

Sounds very much like a worn out battery.
Time for a new one.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:24 AM   #427
shadowfang

I think it is not the battery, as it keeps a stable voltage when I take it off the device and measure it. And the problem is happening even at nearly full battery ( above 4V)
Old 06-11-2013, 09:10 AM   #428
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang View Post
I think it is not the battery, as it keeps a stable voltage when I take it off the device and measure it. And the problem is happening even at nearly full battery ( above 4V)
Open terminal voltage of a Li-Ion battery is no indication of its storage capacity.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:39 AM   #429
shadowfang

Yes I know voltage is no indication of storage capacity but I don't have other method to measure the battery. And unfortunately doesn't have a spare one so I could test if replacement will help. Shipping costs to my country will take more than the price of the battery itself.

And it is strange to die after only a year of use.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:38 AM   #430
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Well, does it freeze when the document partition is empty? Maybe you have a faulty document lying around which makes the indexer go boom or something like that.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:39 AM   #431
shadowfang

I tried to remove all content and put it back with calibre. But I think I haven't made tests without books. I'll check when I succeed to boot. I've tried couple of times in the recent days but it fails.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:35 AM   #432
prosty
prosty began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
Guys, I am at the point where my kindle 4 should go into diagnostic mode. Boy under the tree disappeared, screen flashed and now I only have half of the screen black, half white. What happened?
This is how it looks like:
prosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:43 PM   #433
knc1
Going Viral

You spilled your e-ink ?
Old 06-13-2013, 01:48 PM   #434
prosty
prosty began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
Nope. The screen was 100% fine, and I think it still is (I can restart it, it blinks and sets itself to this thing in my lastpost). While flashing the kindle was laying on the table, this appeared when the supposed diagnostic mode was supposed to.
prosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:52 PM   #435
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosty View Post
Nope. The screen was 100% fine, and I think it still is (I can restart it, it blinks and sets itself to this thing in my lastpost). While flashing the kindle was laying on the table, this appeared when the supposed diagnostic mode was supposed to.
It still is - that is just an image that does not match the display setup.

My comment was due to the lack of details in what you did to reach this state.

If using KUBRICK (the thread you are posting in) that should never have happened.
So speak up - tell us exactly what you have done - a bit more than "its broke" please.