Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-05-2010, 08:26 AM   #1
digitech
digitech began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
My books are gone

I just purchased a new book from kobo and I was syncing my kobo through the kobo application, but instead of adding the new book it totally erased all the books I had on it. If I re-sync, it does so but only one or two books at the time. I never had this issue before and I had my kobo since its release. Please help. Thanks.
digitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:59 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, digitech.

Someone should have some suggestions shortly.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2010, 10:45 AM   #3
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitech View Post
I just purchased a new book from kobo and I was syncing my kobo through the kobo application, but instead of adding the new book it totally erased all the books I had on it. If I re-sync, it does so but only one or two books at the time. I never had this issue before and I had my kobo since its release. Please help. Thanks.
Desktop version remains the same? Anything changed at all?
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:21 AM   #4
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
I think I had the same problem. I had to restore the sqlite DB (using the sticky above) after I screwed up trying to hand-edit. It took multiple iterations of syncing before all 40 of my books have been restored. Looking at the progress screen, they seemed to be copied in reverse order of acquisition, 2, 3, 5, whatever, at a time.

Now, to see if I can use Calibre to take most of them off the I'm Reading list. I tend to prefer the Kobo format to most of the ePubs, so am trying to stick with the desktop application.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:28 PM   #5
digitech
digitech began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Thank you for the welcome.

Zoran: Nope. There were no changes, except the purchase of a new e-book that I was trying to add to my kobo.

Dmac: Thanks for the suggestion. That's what I had to end up doing in the end. What a pain, but at least the books are finally back on my kobo.

I hope Kobo will be fixing these issues. As much as I love my kobo (I didn't have any issues with it until now) I was ready to chuck it out the window today.
digitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert