Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Other Books

Notices

Old 02-10-2008, 10:14 PM   #1
Deputy-Dawg
Groupie
Deputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-books

Device: sony prs505
Various: Yet Another King James Bible (well almost)

Actually is the beginnings of what will be a fairly long prodject, if decide if I want to follow through. There is going to be a lot of handwork to bring it to completion. In any event I am uploading were I am with it now, and will upload more of it as times goes on.

There has been considerable discussion as to how to arrange the bible for relatively fast and painless access to chapter and verse on the Sony Reader. I recently uploaded a collection of the Books of the bible in BBeB format with the idea that they could be put into a collection on the Reader and thereby gain fairly rapid access to the various books. But it was indeed a kludge and you have maintain some 66 files on your Reader and have to force the load order if you wish to have them appear in the accepted order on your reader. These can be found at:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...059#post145059

I also made, and uploaded a file in a rather different version of a PDF file (I confess I reverse engineered the Sony Reader Manuel. This gave me a file which can be be rather quickly navigated from book to book in the Bible. at the time I uploaded it I noted that i had marked the verses so that in the future it might be possible to come up with a version with direct access to the verse level. That file can be found at:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20067

Well... I have come up with a relatively easy way to create the TOC done to the verse level. The question is do we really gain much with such an access method (it adds an entirely new layer to the TOC). So what I have done is to create the Book of Genesis file and incorporated it into a shell that will give you an idea as to just how it might look and work. I have attached the file to this message and would welcome any comment and/or suggestions.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf King James Bible test.pdf (792.9 KB, 1009 views)
Deputy-Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 04:36 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I've renamed the thread - I assumed that you meant "King James" rather than "King Names"?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2008, 07:10 PM   #3
Deputy-Dawg
Groupie
Deputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-books

Device: sony prs505
Thank you Harry. Sometimes my typing is more than a tad flakey.
Deputy-Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:28 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It is very important the threads in the eBook uploads section follow the standard naming convention of:

author: title

optionally followed by version number and upload date. If they do not, they will not be properly indexed.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote