Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-19-2012, 11:51 AM   #31
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
I'm doing the shopping this Friday, I will have my eyes peeled.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:48 AM   #32
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
I think Amazon has the best store. Barnes and Noble's store doesn't work well with an iPad anyway, I push buttons and nothing happens all the time. Kind of buggy. Also, I don't think their customer service is quite as good as Amazon's.

Oh I see you're in the UK. Well B&N isn't available there anyway. I don't know what's there other than Amazon, but it is a really good store with an amazing selection and great customer service if you have a problem.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2012, 11:07 AM   #33
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyWithNook View Post
Oh I see you're in the UK. Well B&N isn't available there anyway. I don't know what's there other than Amazon, but it is a really good store with an amazing selection and great customer service if you have a problem.
Actually B&N do operate in the UK now. But Amazon's store is still way, way better.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:57 PM   #34
Slider1960
Connoisseur
Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle PaperWhite, iPad
Wow, this thread took off! Sorry for not replying sooner, I've been off line for a few days.

Strange given that Amazon started in books, I never really thought about them, I guess that's because I just associate them with Kindle.

I already have one click check out with Amazon so that's not a biggie for me, just being able to get a book that I can put on my trusty old Cybook in Mobi format is the main thing.

Best give it a go then. Thanks all.
Slider1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:27 PM   #35
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider1960 View Post
Wow, this thread took off! Sorry for not replying sooner, I've been off line for a few days.

Strange given that Amazon started in books, I never really thought about them, I guess that's because I just associate them with Kindle.

I already have one click check out with Amazon so that's not a biggie for me, just being able to get a book that I can put on my trusty old Cybook in Mobi format is the main thing.

Best give it a go then. Thanks all.
Just remember, you have to remove the DRM from any Kindle book first to be able to put them on the Cybook.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2012, 09:48 AM   #36
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
I would suspect that with the closing of several ebook stores, more people will be removing the DRM off books they purchase.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:51 AM   #37
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Speaking from an Australian perspective, I certainly like Amazon most for my ebook purchasing.

I have a naughty B&N account, but I really don't like the responsiveness of their site and Kobobooks is atrocious. I don't think the store setup in Smashwords is very good at all, although I like them in principle. Google Play is a bit of disaster.

I will buy from any store if I know there are books there that I want at the best price. But when it comes to a general online shopping experience, I greatly prefer Amazon to everything else I've experienced thus far.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:25 AM   #38
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Amazon, Kobobooks and BooksOnBoard for me.

I occasionally also look at publisher-specific sites/shops (I'm not fond of Baen's site, their cover design style or really most of their output but a lot of people love their books and I like their DRM-free, multi-format attitude in principle); some of them are trying interesting things, such as Angry Robot's / Strange Chemistry's subscription packages (DRM-free epub).

Apart from the publisher-specific sites, the three shops mentioned above are really the only ones of any use to me, as many others (B&N, Google Play, all the UK shops) are regionally restricted, i.e. useless for me.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote