Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-09-2012, 11:24 AM   #31
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Just remember, small steps...... Only load a small number of books on it at one time, read a couple then try and add some more. If you can do it once, you can do it again and again.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:20 PM   #32
calamity407
calamity407 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
ok back again , had major problems , laptop and e reader had to take a back seat, have checked books on disc and they seem to be all acrobat reader or lit , no e pub . Tomorrow I am going to try and find the time to read the calibre instructions and see how it goes . will let you all know
calamity407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2012, 01:15 PM   #33
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Calibre can convert LIT files to epub without any problem. You can use PDF (acrobat reader files) on your Kobo without converting, but ereaders aren't great for reading PDF files. You can try converting them to EPUB with Calbire but they don't always work very well. PDF is the least preferable format to use.

Best of luck....

Last edited by soulfuldog; 03-19-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:38 PM   #34
calamity407

Thanks guys , I gave up , it sits in its box, will try again sometime ,
Old 04-23-2012, 04:29 PM   #35
LuvReadin
Addict
LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and Cool-ER
Couldn't you just download some public domain book from the internet to get used to downloading books from the net and loading onto your Kobo? It seems rather a waste to throw the Kobo in its box just because the CD doesn't have the right files - it's not really the Kobo's fault! You should be able to find the same books as on the disk on any PD site such as Project Gutenberg, Feedbooks or Manybooks. As your friend appears to have succeeded, perhaps he/she could help?
LuvReadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2012, 04:18 AM   #36
Quelch
Groupie
Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch and iPad 4 hers, Samsung Galaxy S 8.4 mine !
Quote:
Originally Posted by calamity407 View Post
Thanks guys , I gave up , it sits in its box, will try again sometime ,
What canal or river are you on currently ?

I'll stand on the bank and flag you down as you're passing, then help you set up the Kobo Touch

Yes, unfortunately, I'm joking as I'm on the other side of the planet, it's decades since I've been to England

When you feel like having a go at the Kobo Touch again we'll all be here ready to help

P. S.

Just got my black SkinDigital case for my Kobo Touch, it looks so cute dressed in it, highly recommend once you get interested in eReading again
Quelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:30 PM   #37
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre

That's a real shame

I just posted this link to a YouTube video guide on another thread, perhaps it may be more helpful?

How to load ebooks on the Kobo Touch e-Reader
Old 04-29-2012, 01:28 PM   #38
calamity407

I havent given up guys , just been mega busy , looking after a sick neighbour , plus we have made the decision to move off the boat and back on land , so been a little side tracked , have actually bought and downloaded somw from kobo , so am not totally useless lol
Old 11-09-2012, 08:05 AM   #39
calamity407

Just to update , I just couldnt get on with kobo , hubby got me a kindle , and I love it , there is no stopping me , lol
Old 11-09-2012, 07:03 PM   #40
Breid
Zealot
Breid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really nice

Device: Kobo Aura HD; Kobo Glo; KPW
Sorry the Kobo did not work out for you - I love mine - but am glad you did not abandon ereading and that you are enjoying your Kindle. PS hope you are adjusting well to life on land again :-)
Breid is offline   Reply With Quote