Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-06-2011, 07:38 AM   #1
rendier
rendier began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
DRM status column with drm:false

Hi all,

In reponse to bug 852514 the option to search for drm:false was added to Calibre 0.8.20. As far as I can tell, this should find books without DRM, and searching for drm:true should find all my books that contain DRM.

I want to use this to add a Yes/No column that shows which of my books are DaRMed, and which aren't.

However, I can't get it to work. SInce I'm not that familiar with Calibre details I'm asking here first. In Calibre 0.8.21 (windows and Linux) I click on the search button, on the advanced search window I type "drm:false" into "All these words:" field, and press OK.

I expect to see only DRM free books, but I still see all my books.

Any ideas?
Reinier
rendier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:49 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rendier View Post
In reponse to bug 852514 the option to search for drm:false was added to Calibre 0.8.20. As far as I can tell, this should find books without DRM, and searching for drm:true should find all my books that contain DRM.
What you want to do is not a part of the calibre library search feature. The DRM search you are referring to is part of the Get Books feature not the normal search.

Quote:
Release: 0.8.20 [23 Sep, 2011]

New Features
  • Get Books: Allow searching on the DRM column in the results. Closes tickets: 852514
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert