Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-12-2013, 03:35 PM   #1
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
NADSAT Translation dictionary

After playing with dictionaries here, here, here, here, etc. I wanted to see If I could write one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cover screen_shot-20274.gif
Views:	959
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	101151

Please read the first pages of my dictionary for more information
Spoiler:

Name:	p1 screen_shot-51471.gif
Views:	1254
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	103041Click image for larger version

Name:	p2 screen_shot-51472.gif
Views:	1059
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	103043

At minimum use gluggy's excellent Java Mobi Metadata Editor
to set your book metadata to "zu" Click image for larger version

Name:	zu.jpg
Views:	557
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	161567 for PopUp searches to work.

Here is something to demo the PopUp and Search:
Spoiler:

Ah, and for you Klingon would-be, here is a guide to help you spit the latest translations:
Spoiler:

Name:	screen_shot-35549.gif
Views:	939
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	102065Click image for larger version

Name:	p1 k  screen_shot-51476.gif
Views:	1086
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	103040 .mobi, .azw, .azw3, .azk and sources: 2015-05-21 Klingon v0.6.zip
And while at it, Jailbroken KK owners, why don't you also grab a suitable keyboard here.

And also, for you Vulcan fans, here is a guide to help you logically understand the latest translations:
Spoiler:

Name:	Cover screen_shot-51412.gif
Views:	901
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	102425Click image for larger version

Name:	p1 v screen_shot-51477.gif
Views:	921
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	103042 .mobi, .azw, .azw3 and sources: 2015-05-09 vulcan v0.3.zip

For you too Ferengi here is a guide to profit from learning:
Spoiler:

Name:	f cover screen_shot-51479.gif
Views:	858
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	103037Click image for larger version

Name:	p1 f screen_shot-51478.gif
Views:	927
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	103039 .mobi, .azw, .azw3 and sources: 2015-05-09 ferengi v0.2.zip

And not to forget you:
Spoiler:
aliens and others , , , , your day might come!

Change History:
2013-02-12 v0.1 Initial publication
2013-02-13 v0.2 PopUp search fixed
2013-02-15 v0.3 Added a ToC
2013-02-16 v0.4 Added inflections to one word, Added <style> to html, Added a test .mobi
2013-02-24 v0.5 Changed license from MIT to CC, Used PlqaD glyphs & translated one word in Klingon
2013-03-06 v0.6 Translated one word to vulcan, spelling & cosmetic corrections
2013-03-17 v0.7 Translated two words to ferengi, spelling & cosmetic corrections, refreshed all guides
2014-11-01 v0.8 Fixed index tags so KindleUnpack can decompile the dictionary. Thanks KevinH!
2015-05-09 v0.8 +Metadata & Thumbnails to show covers.
2017-09-01 v0.9 Added esperanto translations. Put ferengi favorite word in four more translations.

Here is the latest compiled .mobi and Kindlegen source files:
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2015-05-09 nadsat v0.8.zip (482.1 KB, 689 views)
File Type: zip 2017-09-01 nadsat v0.9.zip (500.5 KB, 532 views)

Last edited by PoP; 01-15-2018 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Clarified "zu". Quoted gluggy editor.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #2
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
nice one.

on a touch.

obviously I speak english (and my books are english) but it detected fine.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Selection_107.png
Views:	1029
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	101154   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_108.png
Views:	1287
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	101155  
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2013, 07:10 PM   #3
PoP
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hehehe, preparing a "zu" book (for twobob) showed that I had not tested enough, PopUp search didn't work. Oops, I should have tested that better!

At least, opening the dictionary itself works :

Name:	screen_shot-20278.gif
Views:	990
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	101159Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-20279.gif
Views:	3081
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	101160

Well, I will try to correct in v0.2.

Last edited by PoP; 02-12-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:19 PM   #4
grant.ben08
grant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I added it and set the metadata of the book to Zulu but it isn't detecting right. When I look up a word it shows it using the correct dictionary but it says no definition found. I think I'm doing something wrong.
I just added the mobi to documents, should I drop it into dictionaries? Also do I only put the mobi in or the other files that come with it?

Last edited by grant.ben08; 02-12-2013 at 07:23 PM.
grant.ben08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:22 PM   #5
PoP

Quote:
Originally Posted by grant.ben08 View Post
I added it and set the metadata of the book to Zulu but it isn't detecting right. When I look up a word it shows it using the correct dictionary but it says no definition found. I think I'm doing something wrong.
Cross post, see above. You are right. *I* am doing something wrong. Hang on, only push the .mobi.

Last edited by PoP; 02-12-2013 at 07:28 PM.
Advert
Old 02-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #6
grant.ben08
grant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the end

Didn't see the above post until after I posted, sorry.
I want to thank you for this by the way. Once I started looking into this I saw that to make one was going to be somewhat beyond my expertise I just sort of gave up on it. I just printed of my own list of the words and taped it inside my cover.
So again, this is awesome and thank you.

Last edited by grant.ben08; 02-12-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:38 PM   #7
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

heh! will test it in a bit
Old 02-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #8
PoP

v0.2

Updated the first post with v0.2. Now the PopUp works

Name:	PopUp working screen_shot-20282.gif
Views:	903
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	101202
Was caused by stupidly misplacing my intro pages in the html.

Now I am thinking of v0.3, better formatting, more frills, a toc maybe, not introducing more bugs...

Hope it works for you. Enjoy.

EDIT: ToC done

Last edited by PoP; 02-15-2013 at 05:04 PM. Reason: toc completed
Old 02-13-2013, 03:26 PM   #9
twobob

YAY. thanks for the update. will checkify
Old 02-13-2013, 07:39 PM   #10
PoP

Quote:
Originally Posted by grant.ben08 View Post
I just printed of my own list of the words and taped it inside my cover.
So again, this is awesome and thank you.
You are welcome. Ahh, the wisdom of a (so effective) printed list. But as developers say "where is the fun". The pleasure was all mine!
Old 02-14-2013, 08:58 PM   #11
grant.ben08

Just loaded it on there and tested it and it is working GREAT!
I agree that the printed list is no where near as fun as having a PoP dictionary it was just simply getting me by.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:00 PM   #12
PoP

v0.3

Done ToC added. Grab the update from the first post.

Last edited by PoP; 02-15-2013 at 05:05 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:28 PM   #13
twobob

Excellent. thanks
Old 02-16-2013, 11:21 AM   #14
PoP

v0.4

Done

Inflections (for a single word) now work! And I added some "styles" to the html.

To try it, find a test.mobi ebook in the zip.
Spoiler:

Name:	inflection screen_shot-37659.gif
Views:	1221
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	101372

Grab the update from the first post
Old 02-16-2013, 11:30 AM   #15
twobob

Heh, quality

Lots of fun! thanks
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_139.png
Views:	1023
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	101378