Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 10-13-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Whispersync and Audible books

A couple of questions:

1. If you rent/borrow an ebook from Amazon with your Prime membership can you still buy the audible book at the discounted price?

2. The sync between the ebook and audible is only available on the new Fire HD correct?

Thanks.
Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:27 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
A couple of questions:

1. If you rent/borrow an ebook from Amazon with your Prime membership can you still buy the audible book at the discounted price?

2. The sync between the ebook and audible is only available on the new Fire HD correct?

Thanks.
Carol
No on any newer Kindle you sync back and forth. If you borrow a book from someone or from a library you do get the discounted audible price.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2012, 07:37 PM   #3
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
No on any newer Kindle you sync back and forth.

If you borrow a book from someone or from a library you do get the discounted audible price.
Will you get the discounted price for ebooks you get from the Prime Lending Library also?
Old 10-13-2012, 07:43 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Will you get the discounted price for ebooks you get from the Prime Lending Library also?
I assume so.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:39 PM   #5
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
With this new Whispersync and Immersive Reading feature, I am wondering if it is financially feasible to keep the monthly Audible plan or switch to the $9.95/year plan and just buy the books I want at the member's price.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2012, 02:13 PM   #6
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
With this new Whispersync and Immersive Reading feature, I am wondering if it is financially feasible to keep the monthly Audible plan or switch to the $9.95/year plan and just buy the books I want at the member's price.
I don't see any $9.95/year plan at audible
Old 10-14-2012, 02:31 PM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
It's the AudibleListener Light Plan. It's $9.95/year and the Basic Plan is free. The Basic Plan is no longer available. It was replaced by the Light Plan.

Quote:
AudibleListener Light Plan. The AudibleListener Light Plan is available only on an annual basis and only to Gold and Platinum Members who want to downgrade their plan type. AudibleListener Light Plan members do not receive membership credits but a Gold or Platinum Member converting to the AudibleListener Light Plan may have AudibleListener Rollover Credits that they can rollover when they downgrade. Audible will charge members who downgrade to the AudibleListener Light Plan the yearly plan fee each year on the yearly renewal date.

Basic Membership Plan. The Basic Membership Plan is available only to existing Basic Members. The Basic Membership is no longer available to new or Gold and Platinum AudibleListener Members. Any changes to the Basic Membership Plan will be communicated to existing Basic Members by Audible.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:49 PM   #8
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
It's offered to you when you cancel a monthly membership plan. You can't sign up for it directly.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:33 PM   #9
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It is not listed on their website under plans, however when you select the option to cancel your membership, they will give you this option. You get all the benefits of membership except you do not get any monthly credits. This would work for those users who want to purchase occasional books. I did this with my husband's account in August, I am thinking about cancelling mine and switching to this plan also.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:42 PM   #10
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Is the Light Plan available after a trial membership? Or do you need to maintain a monthly paid account for a while?
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:48 PM   #11
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Is the Light Plan available after a trial membership? Or do you need to maintain a monthly paid account for a while?
Should be offered to you when you cancel a trial membership. My husband cancelled his trial and was first offered 3 more months for half price and when he said no to that then he was offered the yearly $9.95 plan.

Btw, you don't need an Audible membership plan to take advantage of whispersync for voice and the corresponding discounted Audible audiobooks, just an Audible account.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:54 PM   #12
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post

Btw, you don't need an Audible membership plan to take advantage of whispersync for voice and the corresponding discounted Audible audiobooks, just an Audible account.
Yes, that's very nice. Got a bunch of classic freebies that way. And have purchased some other discounted titles I already owned in Kindle format. :-)
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:47 AM   #13
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
Should be offered to you when you cancel a trial membership. My husband cancelled his trial and was first offered 3 more months for half price and when he said no to that then he was offered the yearly $9.95 plan.

It is for this reason alone I am considering getting rid of my monthly plan. In fact I sent Audible an email asking them what would be the benefit of keeping the plan since I can get the membership prices with the Whispersync. I am seriously considering getting rid of it when my Harlequin Blaze expires in December.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:13 PM   #14
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
It is not listed on their website under plans, however when you select the option to cancel your membership, they will give you this option. You get all the benefits of membership except you do not get any monthly credits. This would work for those users who want to purchase occasional books. I did this with my husband's account in August, I am thinking about cancelling mine and switching to this plan also.
I have an audible yearly contract because when I bought my Ipod Touch they discounted the Touch for paying monthly for Audible. SO I have one or two more months left, then can I convert to the $9.95 yearly amount? Or do I have to cancel it? I don't think I can since I signed up for the year though.

If I want a audible book from Amazon to go with a Kindle book do I have to have an Audible account.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:26 AM   #15
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
I have an audible yearly contract because when I bought my Ipod Touch they discounted the Touch for paying monthly for Audible. SO I have one or two more months left, then can I convert to the $9.95 yearly amount? Or do I have to cancel it? I don't think I can since I signed up for the year though.

If I want a audible book from Amazon to go with a Kindle book do I have to have an Audible account.
You have to have an account, I don't think you have to have a membership plan.